consists of a whole lot of grooming, not just myself...but littles that don't necessarily want to be groomed
the hardest job involves a whole lot of dishes...
its early morning tantrums (and midday and evening)

it often involves a little first aid on tiny little owies
there is some light ironing involved (daily)
regular appointments must be met (be prepared to hold down screaming children on occasion)
it is a full time job,
we are talking around the clock
its not always glamorous,
and involves quite a few timeouts.
its tedious and repetitive
must be willing to carpool
and sit patiently on the sidelines waiting for practices and games to finish (all while entertaining two other small children)
at times you will be a tutor and study aide...brush up on your Kindergarten math skills, please...
small snack preparations are appreciated
as well as three well rounded meals
which lets face it, can get a little messy.
be prepared for a whole lot of begging (and sweet little one year olds that cling to your leg)
and did I mention that the laundry is never ending. Never ending...you will never be caught up.
along with all of that is a whole lot of laughs,
and much tenderness.
A love deeper than you have ever known...
its unconditional and filled with child like innocence.
A love so fierce, you feel your heart will never be the same..

its timeless, longsuffering and can endure all things.
While motherhood is THE hardest job I have ever know, it is also the BEST job I have ever known. I never knew this kind of fear, this kind of worry, this kind of joy, this kind of pride, this kind of heartache, this kind of pure happiness until I became a mom. To love with every fiber of your being. It is probably the scariest feeling I have ever known, to love so strongly. Yet it just comes, flowing through your veins the minute you know these little spirits are on their way. With every laugh, every first step, every nightmare, every owie that you kiss better, every bedtime story, every lost tooth, every bike ride, every snuggle, every little moment that your eyes meet theirs and that love is etched deeper and deeper into your heart. Until your heart no longer belongs to you. It belongs to your three. It rips through you, it leaves you lying awake at night worrying and praying. It leaves your heart pounding and tears stinging your eyes when you see the look in their eyes when a friend shunned them. It leaves you wandering the dark hallways in the middle of the night, holding your wee one close to you. It leaves you feeling the proudest you have ever felt when you see them reach out and take their cousins hand because they sensed she was scared. You hear the laughter trickling down the hallway and feel as if you could burst from happiness. You kiss their sweet cheeks and linger there to drink in their scent. You cry the entire way to work when you left your bawling three year old for the day at his grandmas. You become that annoying mom, that frequents the school office each year to make certain teacher requests cause you know your tender hearted boy will do better with one than the other. You give up your last bite of dessert for the bite your baby is begging for. That is when your know your heart no longer belongs to you. You gave it up long ago, when you heard those first cries. You know you are in for one heck of a ride, full of ups and downs, full of tears and fears, full of mistakes and heartache. However, you know that you wouldn't have it any other way. To feel that kind of love, to have it encompass you and become you. Its a beautiful thing.

There's no where else I would rather be. Holding these three little hands, doing my best to guide them through this life. I make mistakes, heaven knows I make mistakes. However at the end of the day, my children will know they are loved. Deeply, fiercly, undeniably loved. What more can I ask for.
Happy Mothers Day dear friends, thank you for the examples you set and the love that you share.
4 comments:
Oh Ter...
This is probably the most greatest post I have ever read. How in the world did you just describe every mothering emotion you ever feel. Wow seriously can't even see through my tears so I guess I will just call you and blubber over the phone.
The most beautiful post ever written, thanks for starting my mothers day weekend off great.
Beautiful, You are such a great Momma, those boys are so blessed to have you and I am so thankful to be able to read and learn from you and your cute family :) Happy Mother's Day, hope it's the best day ever!!!
Thanks for the tears, friend! You have quite a way with words...and pictures. Happy Mother's Day to seriously one of the greatest moms I know.
Love, love, love this post. Happy Mothers Day to you friend.
Post a Comment