
Ya know what today is??? Just my anniversary, thats all. Nine years baby...can you believe that. Cause I can't. We spent it big. He was out of the house by 6:45, put in a full days work, spent his day doing who knows what it is he does (but you can bet it was busy). Then he came home and mowed the lawn and did the edges. Me, well I cleaned out our coat closet, balanced our checkbook, went bra shopping (TMI...sorry bout that), also picked me up some new black Vans flipflops, ya know just the usual. We finally met up at Carson's t-ball practice (where we took this lovely picture of ourselves). Drake was throwing grass in the background of this romantic moment, while Lincoln begged us to take him over to the outhouse (cause only Lincoln has to pee literally every two minutes. One drop comes out and I seriously can't believe that was causing him that much discomfort....for the love).
Yep, we are keeping the romance alive people. We came home and scarfed down our BBQ pulled pork crockpot sandwiches. Then ended the night on the tramp with the boys and popsicles. Nothing out of the ordinary, just everyday life. And I wouldn't have it any other way. I love our simple life. I love that we both do our part each day in bettering our family and raising our boys. I love that after a crazy, hectic day we can reconnect on our back porch. I can tell him about my concerns of Carson and one of the neighbor boys, I can tell him about how much Drake ate that day (little piggie), tell him about Lincoln's tantrum at the mall. I love that he genuinely cares about my stories and the moments that made up my day. I love that I have someone who loves those littles just as much as I do. I love having a partner, a friend, a confidant, a helpmate. I love that he was thoughtful enough to drop by home today and bring me a maple doughnut and vanilla coke (cause he knows I can always use a little pick me up). Its those little moments that mean so much. The way he told me to grab the boys and run into the house when it started to rain. He said to just go and he would pick up all the outside toys. I love the little texts he sent me all day telling me I am the best thing that has ever happened to him.
I got a keeper my friends. I sure did. Babe, I love you...to the moon and back, over and over, and a million times again. I had no idea what real life was all about back then, nine years ago on the day I said I do. However, looking back I am so blessed to have had you along for the ride. You are my rock, my cornerstone, my one and only.
Happy anniversary sweet boy..wishing us many, many more.
5 comments:
Aww so cute.
Happy Anniversary to the two of you.
Love that part about hime telling you and the boys to go inside out of the rain while he picked up. What a gentleman.
:)
Happy anniversary you two, Ter I hope you guys have lots of fun this weekend on your little getaway!
Do you remember being little girls and dreaming of the day when our lives would consist of t ball, popsicles, a few kids and loving husband. Nice to know our dreams came true, even if it can seem mundane and ordinary at times. Your day actually sounds pretty perfect, filled with a family that loves each other and has fun together. One of the best little families I know!
I thought about you yesterday while I was sitting at boring work. I'm glad you had a good day. Nothing extra ordinary but that's how life goes and it is good. You have all that celebrating to do this weekend. It should be fun.
Happy Anniversary! You two are the sweetest couple. Sounds like you have a handful of sweet guys in your household. I love that he just brings you a coke & a donut, so thoughtful! Nice to hear how so in love you guys still are!
Happy Anniversary to you and Thiago! Its crazy that I remember when you two first got together and look how far you've come. Congrats!!
Post a Comment