Monday, May 21, 2012

Little Getaway

Me and the honey decided we deserved a little more than T-ball and crockpot meals for our anniversary. So we waited for the weekend to roll around, lined up a babysitter (thanks mom-in-law), packed a few bags, made a few reservations, and of course stood in our front yard and took a few pictures. There was quite a few people out across the street and poor Thiago just gets mortified when I make us go pose and start taking a bazilion self portraits of the two of us. He told me I had two chances to get a good picture and then he was done....so.....this is the best I got.
Then we hit the road, in his new car might I add. Not often do I get the chance to drive in his car with him. I am always chafeuring the little crazies around...it was super fun. Super fun. (He also loves when he is driving and in the middle of important phone calls and I all the sudden start snapping my shutter at him, haha...he's such a good sport)
Our first stop was Gordmans in Farmington. You know how Marshall's is like the high end of Ross, well Gordman's is the high end of Marshall's. Seriously a fun store. I have been hearing so much about it and hadn't made it down there to check it out yet. We found some fun stuff. Thiago got a whole new summer wardrobe (which he definitely needed) and I found the boys some really cute things. I got the cutest Nike/Puma gear for seriously awesome prices. The only thing I picked up for myself was a stool for our tramp and these super cute measuring cups and spoons. Aren't they oh so lovely...love those colors.
We then went to City Creek. My first time since it has been finished. Thiago has been for work a few times, but not me. It was super impressive.
It was so beautiful and so clean, puts Gateway to shame. I loved it. Didn't do much buying there. I just made sure to hit Forever 21 for myself . Picked up a few cute things. I'll show you those later though. We then went to the Disney store and got some prizes for the boys. That was fun.
Then onto our main event. Dinner. We wanted to try the new Brazilian restaurant at City Creek. Texas De Brazil. Oh my heavens, we loved it. Being married to a Brazilian, I have pretty much tried all of the Brazilian Churrasco style places. If you have never been they have a giant salad bar in the middle full of all kinds of good things. Things like fresh mozeralla and tomatoes, smoked salmon, prosciutto, quinoa, fried bananas, rice and feijoado, mixed olives and the list goes on and on.
Then the servers come around with giant slabs of different meats, sausage, parmesan chicken, lamb, top sirloin, filet mignon, bacon wrapped chicken and of course the list goes on and on. They are cooked the traditional brazilian way, on a spit over an open flame, lots of salt and all medium rare. I am not much of a meat person, so I spend most of my time at the salad bar. However I do love the sausage and chicken, and the waiter found me a few slabs that were medium well and loaded me up with that. I like my meat very well cooked.
We had pecan pie for dessert. It was a really fun atmosphere and super good. Sure did cost a pretty penny though. Very pricey.
We then drove to Park City for the night and stayed at the Canyons resort. For those of you that don't know this is where the Today show filmed the Olympic interviews when they were here in 2002. And most recently it is where the Bachelor filmed their Utah stay this last season. I know, thrilling right. Ha. Anyways, it was super beautiful and a really fun place to stay.
Its funny cause you think you are going to sleep so well on these little overnighters. A chance for a night away from your kids, no little 3 am visitors crowding your bed. You might actually get to sleep in. Ha...yeah right. None of that happened. I seriously can't believe how many times I woke up that night. Its not that the bed wasn't comfortable or anything like that. It was super nice, I just kept waking up. I would wake up confused, wondering where I was, where were my kids...then I would go back to sleep. It was ridiculous. Oh well. Guess they are always on my mind, even when I am on a little getaway.
My view the next morning....
We kinda took our time getting ready and then checked out.
We found a little breakfast place in down town Park City and then headed to the outlets. We hit Nike, and OshKosh, and Carters. The boys' are finally almost done for summer clothes. Its exhausting. Why must they grow out of things so fast.
Before we knew it, the day was gone and we needed to head home...
not before stopping for some cokes though.
Yikes...we did good. Some of our bags.
Made it to my mother in laws, and pulled out the boys' prizes we got them. Avengers's figurines. They absolutely loved them.
It was just a perfect weekend. Super short but just what we needed. The chance to getaway even if it was just 24 short hours. We had such a nice time together and I know it is one of those events I will never forget. Always great to getaway, but sure was nice to come home to sweet, little faces like this....he was so happy to see us!

2 comments:

Genn said...

I'm glad you got to have more of a getaway than the crockpot and soccer field!!! :)

Sounds fabulous. All the shopping impressed me that Thiago would go for that. Jake would, but he might complain quite a bit about how he was getting "mall legs".

Your dinner sounded delish, and the hotel looked just gorgeous!
Good for you for a nice weekend away.

Oh and I am the exact same way sleeping away from home. I hardly do. But still nice none the less. ;)

Eric and Jenny said...

It looks so great, I need a little getaway myself right about now. Love all of your purchases, you are right happy measuring cups indeed. I wanted to see the tramp ladder, show that please.

The only thing is I didn't know you or Theo liked pecan pie, that sounds like something mom or I would get, not you two.