Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fading Out

We are transitioning. Oh my four seasons, how I love them. How do people live in places without the four seasons. I am afraid I would be so very sad. Summer has dwindled almost away to nothing. We had our first serious cold front today. We are talking 68 degrees. I may have jumped the gun and broke out my boots. Couldn't help myself. I've missed them. I had to laugh at the grocery store yesterday. This back and forth weather confuses people. Hot in the afternoons, quite cool in the mornings and evenings. People don't know what to wear. You had people like me, bundled up for the great white north. I had my skinnies tucked into Uggs, with a long sleeve shirt. Others had hoodies and scarves. Then you had some still in tanks, shorts and flip flops. Both sides of the spectrum these last couple of days. Made me smile of course. Anywho, as my title mentions...summer is fading out. And Autumn is on her way in.

Before I get to all that though, a few last summer events that I have failed to blog about...

One last family reunion to attend. The boys were looking ridiculously cute that day, so I gathered the little crazies together on the front porch for a quick picture. Just couldn't help myself, their cuteness is hard to handle. This very well may be my new favorite photo of the three of them. I even enlarged it and had it printed in sepia to put up in my front room. Looks adorable.




This child's new smile just cracks me up. Anytime he sees my phone or my camera, he cocks his head, gets that squishy little grin and says "cheeeese". It is the cutest.

Cute little cousins at this reunion that we don't get to see all that often. Sweet Taylee and Brinlee, my kids just loved these girls. This one is Taylee.


And this one is Brinlee. She and Carson are the same age. Here they are getting ready to run the races.

And my sweet boy came in dead last. Thats ok. We're cool with that. You win some, you lose some. Most important thing is he had a big ol' smile on his face the entire time. Love this boy.

Lincoln boy was in it to win it. Fierce determination. He came in third or fourth. Great job Rana Fana.


The parachute was their absolute favorite. Especially Drake. I had to pull him away kicking and screaming when they got done with this. He loved it. Have I mentioned he is getting pretty good at temper tantrums. Cause he has. And he holds grudges big time.

Last activity was labor day. Day before school started. We took the kids swimming one last time. One last summer hoorah!! It was totally bittersweet.



I barely took any pictures that day. Whoops. Just wasn't feeling camera happy I suppose. It was a great day though. We were all together, the sun shining down on us. The perfect ending to a perfect summer. Summer 2012 is one I will never forget. Filled with some awesome memories. Days like that make me so grateful for the little family that I have. Love my husband and love our three boys and love our little life together. It was a great day.

And now fall is amongst us. We are closing the door to one season and opening it to another. Beautiful blue skies lately. The leaves are most certainly changing.

The shade pot on my front porch could not be more fitting. Whatever this orangish plant is completely took over. I can not believe this monster. Although it blends in so perfectly with autumn that I serioulsy kinda love it.

These cooler temps have allowed me to keep my windows open and even my door a time or two. This particular day was to keep an eye on my little one...

who decided he was just fine outside on the tramp alone. The silly goose seriously stayed out there on his own for like a half hour. It was bizarre. Usually he won't go out there without his brothers.

Like I mentioned the last few days we have traded in shorts and flipflops for long pants and new shoes.

Even cooking up some of my fall favorites such as rice pudding. True comfort food right there.

Can't believe it almost October. So excited, enjoy friends!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I sure love that smile of Drakes. And your plant on your front step. Beautiful!