Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hello October


Favorite month, hands down. I think I even love it more than December. Maybe. Well maybe not. Close tie. Either way its a good one. December is almost too busy, where October is just right. The start of it all. I am obsessed with nature at the moment, shocking I know. I always am. Just can't get enough of those colors. I randomly pull over on the side of the road and snap pictures when I think the trees are pretty. My poor kids. Their mother in insane.

I am really trying to pick up my real camera more. My phone is hogging all the little moments I like to capture. My big camera is missing them. So I made it a goal this past weekend to really pick up the big guy and snap some good ones. Here's what I got...


Have we talked about "special night" on here yet. Special night is a big deal. Since the start of the school year we have been very consistent with the boys bed time. Their OWN beds by 8:30. This has always been a struggle for my kids. The really, really like our bed. They love to lay in there, wind down with a favorite show or two, then they fall asleep and we carry them to their beds. In the summer we totally allowed this. However, that is a no go when they have school the next day. So we have been total sticklers about their bedtimes. However we promise them that if they will do well and go to sleep when we tell them throughout the week, on Friday night they can have "special night". We put the baby to bed, and these two stay up with popcorn and a movie. Oh my. They love it. They ask us every morning how many days until "special night". Sweet boys.

Next up..Saturday. Yard work for the dad and the babe.



He honest to gosh thinks he is helping. Follows right behind Thiago the entire time. Pushin' his little mower.


Whoops, slacking on the job. He got distracted by the swingset. Would rather practice his hanging.

Tiny, little baby hands...I love these little hands.

Left my boys outside, so I could go get ready. I had big plans with my sisters.


Jen was late, dangit. She had family pictures that day and was rushing to get here on time. So she didn't make it in my pictures. Just me and Ash. General Relief Society Broadcast was this night. We go every year. Missed my mom though, never the same when one of is missing.

Have I told you guys about me being an auntie again. This girl is having a baby. I am ridiculously excited. Come spring, I will be holding a new little niece or nephew. Can't wait!



After the broadcast, us girls went to Olive Garden. You can never go wrong there. We had so much fun. Love being with my sisters. We always end up staying way to late cause we won't quit chatting. We very rarely get the chance to sit and talk without our little ones hanging around. So we take every oppurtunity to soak it up.

Decided we had been good girls that day and deserved a piece of pumpkin cheesecake. I mean how can you turn that down.

It was a great night. Gets me all sorts of excited for our girls' weekend coming up!

Got home late and still needed to make some cookies. We had a farewell to go to the next day.


Drake was asleep therefor did not get his picture taken. The rest of us looked cute though.



Later that night, we just went up to the Cano's to eat a bit and visit. These autumn nights are so pleasant. A jacket is most certainly required but the crispness in the air is so lovely. We had a good time.

Happy October all of you. Hope its off to a good start. Hopefully, my blog will stay pretty updated cause we got a lot of fun stuff planned. Yippee!

No comments: