I know, no way huh. My mom turned 60 this past weekend. Its crazy. She sure doesn't look it, like not even close. I don't think she was all to thrilled about it, kinda a milestone birthday that I don't think she was anxious to reach. However, it does happen to the best of us...we all grow up and age. Bummer. We wanted to celebrate of course, she is kinda a big deal to all of us and we needed her to know how very loved she is. So we planned a little party and she was the center of it all.
Slapped up a little decor for the birthday girl. I would love to be one of those people that just Wow's you all with her attention to detail on parties. I would love to design the cake, cupcake toppers, homemade banners and streamers, every detail just perfectly coordinated. However, I am not that person. Not even close. I sure enjoy looking at others decor but to me it kinda seems like a waste of time and money. So I keep things pretty simple as far as that goes.
I do however, put much thought and detail into our outfits. Surprised? No...hmmm. Dressed up the boys in these cute little H&M outfits. I have seriously had these since February and the right occasion just never presented itself. Until now. Don't they look cute, and don't worry, I bought them big so they should fit for awhile.
Cooking for large groups of people seriously stresses me out. I hope to get better at this, cause I really do envision big family dinners in my head, the kind where my boys are grown up and married and everyone comes over for holidays and Sunday dinner. Guess it will just take a little practice. In the meantime, it stresses me. We tried to keep things simple, yet tasty. My sisters and I made Cafe Rio style pork burritos with chips and salsa and guac as a side. My aunt also made a delicious salad to go along with it. It actually tasted really, really good. Which is always weird. Usually when I am the one cooking, things never taste all that good to me. They did that night though.
We all had so much fun with the "who knows Thiago best" game on his birthday, we decided to play it for my mom as well.
Somehow Souli won. There were 22 questions and Souli got 16 right. WHAT! I only got 8, which is kinda depressing. she kept giving goofy answers, yes, lets blame it on that.
Present time...
with the help of a whole lot of kids. I kept watching my moms face as she was surrounded by her grandbabies. She was alive and glowing and her smile could not have been bigger. I kept thinking to myself, this is what its all about, this is what you live for. To see your legacy and heritage passed down to your children, and your children's children. My moms greatest happiness is her family, it is when I see her the lightest and brightest is when she is surrounded by her grandkids. I love her for that.
Carrot cake. What else. It's her favorite. One of mine too. So yummy.
I hope she enjoyed her party and her gifts. It was so much fun putting it all together and just spending the day with everyone. I hope she had a great 60th birthday. Love her more than anything. She is my true #1 hero. She has by far exceeded the title of "mother", she is my angel here on earth. She is the perfect example to me on being a mother, wife, woman, friend, daughter, etc. She is everything I am trying to become, she has set the bar high and it ones I aim for every single day. She showed me what it meant to have integrity, commitment, loyalty, love, strong willed and resilience. She is one of a kind. I don't know where I would be without her. Love you so much mom...hope you had a great day!
Jgen.Net/Roblox How To Hack Roblox Money
6 years ago
1 comment:
What a nice party for your cute mom!
I love what you Saudi about feeling like too much party prep is a waste of
Time and money because I could not agree more!
Less is more I always say.
It is stressful cooking for a large group. And yes some people manage to always seem to do it like its no big thing. I think I need more practice too. Looks like you threw a great party though!!! I'm sure your mom loved every second of it. :)
Post a Comment