Thursday, October 25, 2012

October Ramblings....

October carries on, heck its almost over. And its coooold in our neck of the woods, luckily it warms up just in time for Halloween next week. Which is perfect. We are jam packing our October with Halloween/Autumn loveliness, all kinds of fun things going on.

So glad I still have a babe that can wear sleepers. I was so excited to start putting him in footsie jams again, something about a baby in footsie jams...especially my baby. Toddling around in comfiness, I love it!

The boo tradition carries on in our neighborhood. Which makes me so glad. Almost every house in my area has one of these signs hanging in their front window or door, and that just makes me smile. Love little traditions that unite people and bring holiday festiveness. Pure fun.

These cookies were DELICIOUS!! We were fighting over these guys. I make homemade oreo's all the time, but how clever to roll the sides in holiday sprinkles. Mental note to myself for Christmas. Roll oreo's in sprinkles. C-UTE!


Time to reciprocate the boo's. Made some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with cream cheese frosting. Excuse the horrid picture, it was a crazy day and I ended up making them at night with terrible picture taking lighting.

Speaking of food...this one was a winner. Crock-pot chicken parmesan. Got the recipe from one of my favorite blogs, it was delicious. She threw fresh spinach over her noodles, then placed the chicken on top of that. I loved it that way. Obviously my kids and husband chose to omit the spinach. They don't know what they were missing. Sooo good that way.

Our Tia had a birthday this month. We all met at Red Lobster one night for dinner. Red Lobster is not my favorite. Like at all. However, it was fun to be with everyone. (This picture is funny to me for one reason, look at the color of Drake's skin compared to his brothers. That boy takes after his dad, finally one of my boys got his dark coloring. Ha!)



Carson of course likes to be front and center, right up there by all the action.

Weird siblings. Weird, weird, weird!

Have I mentioned my 7-year olds love of drawing. From the minute he gets him from school lately, he props himself up with white paper and crayons and draws, draws, draws.

This here is a wide variety of angry birds. There is about 30. He draws them, cuts them out and then plays for hours with them. He is my most imaginative child.

About a week ago, Lincoln's preschool had a field trip to the pumpkin farm. Him and Elle thought they were pretty much the coolest kids EVER! They were so excited.


Me and Drake got to tag along with them. It was alot of fun.



They got to go on a hayride out to the big patch to hand pick their pumpkin. Then back for doughnuts and apple juice. Then they were free to ride the barrel slides, and the cow train, and the pumpkin bounce house, and the corn maze, and the corn sand box. Such a fun little place.



Funny how you enjoy each of your kids for different reasons. They all have such unique little personalities and traits. Lincoln is THE funnest kids on these types of outings. His zest for life just enjoys the heck out of these things. He just soaks up the fun and it spills out of him. He was a blast. Smiling from ear to ear the entire morning. Told me about a million times what a fun time he was having. Love this boy of mine, he is one of a kind!

Headed to a small little patch one night this week to pick out our pumpkins to carve. Needed some a bit bigger. It was cold that night and a little wet so we were in and out of there.






There long enough to snap a few pictures and that was that. Now those pumpkins are sitting on my porch, right where they belong.


And just to make things real festive, we officially have had our first snowfall. Late October is usually pretty typical for Utah to receive its first blanket of white. Thrills me the first time I see those little flakes start to fall. I could never live anywhere else than along the Wasatch Front. Surrounded by my beautiful mountains. Come February that snow gets a little old, but right now I am kinda loving it. Right now as I sit by my fireplace, I am looking out my backyard window. My trees are still hanging on to quite a few leaves (all different colors by now), however they are heavy with snow now. Its beautiful. Like absolutely beautiful. I am the biggest nerd but I am in awe of nature, it truly mesmorizes me and makes me feel so grateful to live in such a beautiful place.

And that had better be it for me, I need to venture out in a few hours to go help in Carson's class. Guess I had better get going.

happy Thursday dear ones.

1 comment:

Genn said...

Hi Teri! Cute and fun festive fall pics!
Glad you liked the crackpot dinner. My girls loved that one!