Someday last week (they all seem to blur together these days) was our annual cousin Halloween party. Figured I better take a few minutes and get this post up since I have about a million others that need to follow this one. How is Halloween only a week away. How? Time hold still for a second, babies stop growing, months quit flying by. My 30th birthday looms in the near distance and with that birthday also brings me a baby that turns 2. I feel sad lately. Can't it all just slow down. Didn't I just bring that tiny babe home, wasn't I just barely kissing those soft little wrinkles in his skin. Ohhhhhh. I'm sad.
Thats enough of that..sorry. All I think about lately. Back to the party. There was games, crafts, treats and cousins.
Stayed busy that morning, prepping for the party. 3 cute little candy buckets. Just a happy sight.
Drake thought so too, entertained him for a full half hour while I gathered all the game supplies and put some finishing touches on "BINGO".
Loaded up my baby and our supplies and headed to pick up his brothers from school. Then onto the party.
Cutest little group of cousins. Poor Jen has been deathly sick, the party was originally planned for the day before but she was feeling terrible so we switched it to the next day hoping she would feel okay. Carson was devastated. Even though it was just one more day, this kind of thing really upsets him. He thinks in the here and now, and there was no consoling him for a few hours. He was MAD! Next day came and she thought she was feeling okay so we went ahead. She stayed pretty good throughout the whole afternoon, but that night her poor fever and aches came back. Turns out she has pneumonia. Poor girl. She's had a rough week. We sure were happy to have the kids there though, Carson loves his Lance.
Started with games...a Frankenstein ring toss. it was kinda lame actually. Frankenstein didn't stand up real well.
There were prizes though, so that was cool.
Tape the nose on the jack-o-lantern.
Always a fun one.
Brev was the winner.
And then their beloved "BINGO". They freaking love this game. We played like 3 times. So cute. Love to watch them all. Carson, Lance, Brev and Elle were totally into it. Luke not so much and Lincoln and Katelynn just sat and ate all their candycorns. Cracks me up. Especially when Carson keeps yelling at his brother, telling him to pay attention and play the game. Carson took it upon himself to not only play his own card, but Lincoln's as well. Ha!
Next up, was the craft. Painting Halloween face masks. Well Drake and Katelynn were given crayons, the rest got paint brushes.
I thought they turned out so cute. My boys loved them. They are still packing them around the house, playing odd games with them.
We then ran and got dinner. Costa Vida for us and Little Caesars for them.
And of course dessert.
Final activity is always a little trick or treat preview. We all go into different rooms in the house and the kids come around and trick or treat. They are so funny. Run around like a bunch of maniacs, its their absolute favorite.
Another great party. And the fall fun continues...I will be back with much more this week. We are having lotsa fun!!!
2 comments:
You guys are so good with the parties and crafts for the kids!! Lucky little ones.
And poor amen, I sure hope she is feeling better!!!
this is so fun!! where'd you get your boys cute halloween t's?! LOVE!!
Post a Comment