Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mothers Day to Me!!

I just love Mothers Day, probably because I love being a mom so much and having a whole day to celebrate that is absolutely wonderful. This year did not disappoint me. We started off by going to church, which was great. The sacrament talks were all on motherhood and the divine calling we have as mothers, which is my favorite topic, then of course they give you a little treat at the end of sacrament. Carson must have sensed what a special day it was, cause he was a perfect angel to me all day. He kept putting his little arm around me and kissing my cheek, and then he would say "Mommy, me love you." It was so sweet, he has the softest heart and is the most tenderhearted little thing. How did I get so blessed! After that we headed home, and that is when things got kinda crazy. Ash and I decided to go ahead and cook dinner at my house for my wonderful, mommy-dear, grandma and aunt Tammy and Uncle Steve. We invited Jill, Kyle and the kids but they were in St. George for the weekend. Ash came over right after church to help me get dinner going, I am not the finest cook ever. I do pretty well for my own little family, but a larger group of people is a littler harder. Although I must say we did a great job. Everything turned out perfect and everyone seemed to enjoy it. After dinner we opened presents, I didn't get much cause my camera was my mothers day present...but I did get a beautiful bouquet of tulips, which I love!! I also got a book on mothers from my mom put together by President Hinckley. I loved that too. Jill and the kids ended up getting home from their trip pretty early, so they came over and all the kiddos played outside, while the boys watched the Jazz game and the girls did what we do best, sit around and talk. It was a great day, the only thing missing was I didn't get to see Thiago's mom since she is in Brazil. We missed her! How grateful I am for my own mom, as I mentioned in my previous post. However I am also so grateful for the oppurtunity I have to be a MOM...nothing has have brought more joy or satisfaction to my life then my little boy. I love him, children are such a miracle. I am so grateful that I get to witness that miracle every day of my life. I love being a mom, what a great day!!




Look at my boys...oh, how I love them!


Carson and Ash peeling potatoes.


Me and my mom...don't you think we look alike.


Two cute sisters


Boys watching the Jazz game. GO JAZZ!


Thiago grilling (his speciality)



Kiddos playing outside with Granny O

4 comments:

Souli & Ashley said...

So cute your pictures are such gorgeous the color is so bright and vibrant with that camera. You look so cute. Happy Mothers Day. I was so much fun thanks for all your hard work.

Eric and Jenny said...

Cute little mothers day pictures. You look so stinkin cute. I love the picture of Carsy and you with the flowers. That looks like a fun day, we missed you guys but see you in two weeks!

Jill said...

Thanks for the fun day! I do have to say that you posted one of the pictures that I took that you said were no good..

Ash and Casey Woodyatt said...

Looks like you had a great Mother's Day. Nothing better than spending time with the fam. Cute pics.