Grandpa showing everyone exactly where he wants to be buried
Best Buds
Aunt Shelley, mom, Grandpa, Tam, and aunt Susie
We have always done the same thing for Memorial Day, for as long as I can remember. We go to my Grandpa Woodyatt's (my moms dad) house for lunch, my cute grandma always gets pizza and makes a salad and dessert. We just eat and visit while the kids play in my grandpa's huge basement. They love it down there. Then we head over to the graves where my Great Grandparents are buried. My grandpa is such a goofball, he will be turning 80 this next month, but you would never know it. He is a cherry farmer, and has been a farmer his whole life. He is in better shape than any of us, and still runs around like he is 20 years old. He is so funny, he just makes us laugh and laugh. The kids call him Grandpa Cherry. Every year that we go to the graves he makes a big point of telling us all that this is probably his last year, and we had better come visit his grave when he is gone. This year the little kids were all over sitting on top of the grave with my grandpa, we walk over there and hear him telling Tanner and Hallie that next year he will be dead, so they will be sitting on his grave. You should have seen the kids faces, they were horrified. What a thing to say to kids, especially Tanner. That kind of thing terrifies him. Oh grandpa, he is so funny. After that, we drove over to Logan to visit my cute Granny O (my moms mom), and to go up to her husbands grave. My grandpa died about 6 years ago, he was the first grandparent I have had that has passed away. We still miss him alot, but know he is in a better place where he is no longer suffering. I love memorial day, it is so fun to get together with family, but most importantly to remember our family that has gone on. They are waiting for us on the other side, and I truly believe they watch over us all. My friend Jill, had the most interesting thought....she said that it is reassuring to her to think that her loved ones who have passed on, are up in heaven taking care of and loving her future babies. I think that too, my little one is up there in heaven being held and kissed and hugged by the many wonderful, people I have only heard about. That is such a comforting thought. What a great memorial day!
15 comments:
What a fun day! You and Ash look so cute! You always have the cutest pictures! Grandparents are so funny! Nick always says he cant wait to be a grandpa so he can do crazy things to his kids and grandkids! Anyways your grandpa is funny!
What a fun Memorial day and some great insights. I haven't checked your blog in a while so I've missed out on lots of exciting stuff! First of all, Happy Anniversary and second of all...CONGRATULATIONS on a new baby!! I will pray that things continue to go well for you. That is crazy that Ashley is pregnant too. How fun to be pregnant with your sis. Congrats again! I'm so happy for you.
Cute post I'm doing mine tonight. Grandpa is a nut. But what would we do without his fun personality. I bet he will live past all of us. He is doing so well. That picture of Brevin is so cute.
What a neat tradition! Looks like you guys had fun and as always you look adorable!
You two are looking very cute in those pictures, hey where's the big news? Grandpa, I can just see all the kids staring at him while he is telling them he will be dead next year. What a nut! That is such a sweet thought your friend Jill said, I love it! I guess I have time to blog right now seeing how nobody in my family cares to come and see me while I am visiting. Real nice.
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Our days plans got ruined by rain so we should have headed up there. Grandpa Cherry sure is crazy, he does talk about death a lot, kinda funny. Ashley's little baby bump looks so cute. I want to see yours if you have one. It was kind of hiding.
You and your sister look so adorable...matching bellies :)
My grandpa always tells us he is going to leave to see the second coming...Grandpas are just full of it. I have no family whohas passed away here (thnk goodness b/c its my mom and siblings!), so we didn't really have anything to do. I do remember going to visit all of my families graves and it is nice to know we'll see them again.
I love that you go as a family. I wish we would do that more, infact, my sister told me that I was the "good" one to do what I do on memorial day and she's the "lazy" one. It made me laugh but got me thinking, next year, that's the tradition I'm going to start. I'm also going to have Taylor ask so she can't say NO!!! hee hee hee
I really liked your friends thought about future babies up in heaven being held and kissed by our loved ones who have passed on. That is such a sweet thought. I also think it's neat that you have such a fun tradition on memorial day.
We have had this tradition our whole lives! I am not sure why we are the only ones who are still coming. We will always remember these times when Grandpa does pass away.
You were smart to go in the afternoon after the rain passed. You have some very cute pictures. It's a fun tradition. It's nice to have grandparents who fill us in on the things from the past. Steve's dad is a great story teller also.
Congrats to you also! I hope your pregnancy is going well-you look so cute pregnant!
I normally have done that same thing with my family. Don't you just love getting together with family. Looks like you had a lot of fun! You look so cute with your sister and your two little tiny growing belly's. Don't you just love being pregnant!
Hey Teri, your little one is a doll as well. Both of my boys are huge as you can see, my 1 year old weighs more than my 4 year old and he isn't fat, he is just built big, we should get our boys together, Jax loves making new friends and it sound like they are all into the same thing. Congrats by the way on your pregnancy, I know how hard it is to try and try, I have been trying to have another one for year now, if I can only have two though, I will be fine with that. Keep in touch!!!
I couldn't help but laugh when I was reading about your grandpa. Sounds a lot like mine before his dimentia got bad. Gotta love grandparents!
Post a Comment