Thursday, August 21, 2008

1 Project down...2 more to go.

In getting ready for our little Lincoln, I have had 3 major projects that needed to get done first. The biggest and longest project is finally done. Yeah!! We needed to clear out the basement of old junk, we have made about a thousand trips to the DI and dump to get rid of everything. Then we rearranged and organized, cleaned and scrubbed so that we could make room for our little office and play room down there. I love how everything turned out, kinda dorky having it downstairs in an unfinished basement. However, I think it turned out really homey and comfy. I come down and do my computer stuff while Carson sits and plays and so far it is really working out. Here are a few shots..



I am most excited to have an organized space to put some of Carson's toys. His toys are literally taking over our house, we have a space in every room upstairs to accomadate his stuff. Kinda nice to just start throwing some of them down in the basement.


The TV is not quite hooked up yet. We actually aren't going to have the television channels and all that, just a VCR and DVD player. That way if I am down here doing my ironing or that kind of thing, I have something to watch.


Computer..from now on when you read my posts you can picture me sitting here in the basement clicking away on the keyboard. Ha-ha!


Carson is down here with me, looking at me like I am crazy as I snap pictures of the basement. So of course he wanted a picture of himself too. I have been cleaning the house and doing laundry all day, so I am not ready at all. And Carson is just in this goofy little play outfit. I thought he still looked pretty cute though.

Well, like I said 1 project down, 2 more to go. Carson is moving into the old office and Lincoln gets Carson's old room. So watch in another month or so and I will post those updates as well.

11 comments:

Clemments Family said...

How fun, I think it looks great! My house has toys from one end to the other and I hate it!!

TW said...

Looks comfy and cozy and I will be thinking of you sitting at your little desk and blogging away. Tell Carson he is one lucky boy to have all those toys and fun things to play with.

Bentleys said...

You are so orgnanized!!! I love having a toy room for all the kids toys I hate them everywhere!!! Looks great!

Eric and Jenny said...

Ter it does look great, I havn't been down there yet. I am shocked at all that you got done. I am so jealous, but you know this already. Please tell me one day I will have a house with a basement and a garage and not just one room in Grandma's house!

Cami said...

I am so proud of you. Don't worry about the basement. I worked day in and day out in an unfinished basement that looked very similar to this one for quite a while. Let me give you one hint, in the winter space heaters work well!!!! Jeff and Candace are on for next Friday. Do you mind coming up here for a BBQ? Bring Carson, too. Adam will call John, but tell Thiago to call him too. Maybe if they all bug him he will actually come. Plan on around 6-6:30. We will talk "food assignments" next week something. Can't wait, see you soon!

Jill said...

You guys have been working hard. It reminds me of when my basement looked just like that. Let me know when the you finish with the boy's room, I want to come and see it.

Ashley and Devan said...

You guys did a great job, it look wonderful down there. I bet it's nice having a space for all Carson's toys. Good job!

Nick and Stacey said...

You are so good at making anything look homey...even an old basement! Looks like a great spot to be, I can't wait to see pictures of the kids rooms! Alot of work, but it looks wonderful!

Tammy said...

The basement looks really good. It's nice to have a place to put things(even though it is not ideal).

Aleese and Scott said...

WOW those are some big projects and the first looks great! Can't wait to see the finished projects of the next ones.

Souli & Ashley said...

I just love it and its so cozy. I love my office but I'm jeolous of the toy situation mine is just a boring office. Carson looks cute in that picture. You did a great job. So many projects with these babies coming. Mine are delayed due to the fact that I'm waiting on Brevins bed.