Friday, August 1, 2008

My Lincoln..





Here are some of my beautiful baby's most recent ultrasounds...and of course the baby's not so beautiful mom. I hardly have any pics of myself pregnant with Carson, I just never took any. I never really carried a camera around much until Carson came along. Well now that I always have it, I am always making Thiago take pictures of me too. I always end up hating myself after I look at the pictures, but I still want them to look back on.

Anyways, we had our targeted ultrasound this week. Gotta love those. I was with a different doctor and clinic when I had Carson, so this was my first chance at the 3-D ultrasounds. Pretty cool. My little bug looked just perfect, we are now showing my due date as 11/17 instead of 11/23. So we will see. Oh heavens, I just wish it would hurry and get here. I wish I could enjoy this pregnancy more, but I am full of worry all the time. I never worried for a second with Carson, but that is all I have done this time. I guess it is my two failed pregnancy's before this lingering around in my head...I don't know. I can't believe I am 24 weeks already, but at the same time it seems like it has taken forever to get to this point.

It scares me how in love I already am with this little guy. I love Carson, like I have never loved anyone in my life. I have never known this kind of love. But I have been with him for the past 3 years, I know his voice, his smile, his mannerisms. With Lincoln, I have never even seen his little face so how can I love him so much already. The farther I get along the more nervous I get, I just keep thinking what if something happens and we made it this far. I know a terrible way to think, but I do. The first few weeks I kinda didn't let myself think about it to much, cause I knew how bad it would hurt if it ended up like the other two. But my heart is in it now, and that scares me to death. I love him so much, I am ready to bring him home into our hearts and into our family. Sorry to be so negative, that is just how I am feeling. So blessed and so scared at the same time. I really do feel like things will be fine, I am just willing the next 16 weeks to go by quickly and smoothly like the last 5 1/2 months have.

Anyways, for now things are great. As I am typing this I feel my little soccer player kicking around in there, and that makes me smile. He will be fine, I know he will. I can't wait for November and to be able to meet my little angel. And now it is off to bed for me.

16 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

He will be fine and oh so perfect! I can't wait for him either, just think 24 weeks I went into the hospital with Luke and was four weeks away from having him. We certainly don't want another 28 weeker but think how close you are actually getting to him arriving. Please don't worry and just try to enjoy it, it will be over before you know it.

TW said...

Those 3-D ultra sounds are really something. I've never been able to see anything on the regular ones. He does look so cute. Quit worring, all will be fine.

Jill said...

That is crazy you can really see that he is a real baby. Thanks so much for helping me last night, that was so nice of you. I love you...

AMES said...

Wow, Teri! I can already tell he is going to be adorable. Carson's gonna love him! I hope you guys are well. Thanks again for coming last weekend. It was really good to see you guys. Take care!

Aleese and Scott said...

That is so much fun and the pictures are amazing! He looks so beautiful! I know the feeling of worrying all of the time I felt the same way with Barrick. I am sure everything is going to be just fine.

Candace said...

I love those ultrasounds! Isn't technology great! I think he looks a little like Carson already! Try not to worry to much,I'm sure things will be just fine!

You are the sweetest! Thank you for your memories on my blog. I think now you need to do a memory post, so I can share mine of you! We love you guys! If we can ever do anything for you just let us know don't ever hesitate to call. If you ever need Jeff to help give a blessing to you with Theo, even if it's 2:00 in the morning,we are right down the road!

SIMPLY SACKOLWITZ said...

3D ultrasounds are amazing! You look so darling! Just remember all of the worrying will pay off when your baby gets here. That just means you're a good mom! I wanted to tell you that my cousin Jessica is going to start working at the Roy America first. I think Matt told me you work there. If you do, you will love Jessica.

Ash and Casey Woodyatt said...

I am the same as you. With your first you are young and and always think that no matter what your baby will be perfect. Then your second you start to realize that the world is not perfect, and worry a lot more. Well things will be ok, stay strong! I hope you are feeling well. I haven't seen you guys forever. I love the baby bump you are so tiny still.

Nick and Stacey said...

You look so cute! And I think those 3d ultrasounds are so amazing...they really do look like that little baby! We got one of Mitchell, and then a picture that we took when he was born look exactally the same, same face, pose everything, (except for skin and color of course)! I think it okay to worry its just normal! I cannot believe you are that far already!

Souli & Ashley said...

Ok you always say I'm still tiny. You look so little in that picture. Its not fair. I'm huge compared to you. Where are you hiding that baby. I just love those pictures. He looks like Carson. Don't you worry remember the things I said the other night. If you ever are worrying call me I will calm you down I always do. I love and my babies.

Ashley and Devan said...

Wow! I love the 3-D ultrasounds, those are so neat. What a cutie he is going to be.
I know how you feel about worrying. I miscarried before I had Hunter and it was really hard. I cried and worried so much while pregnant with Hunter. The only thing that helped me through was praying and keeping my hopes up. I'm sure everything will be fine with little Lincoln.
I love feeling the baby kick.. that is such an amazing feeling. I can't wait until this baby starts a kicking!

Tammy said...

Those ulta sound pictures turned out so cute. It looks like Lincoln is smiling in that first one.

Bentleys said...

you are so cute!!!!!! Love the ultrasound pic wish they would do 3d ones at my dr's! Don't worry he will be just as perfect as Carson and it's not good for the lil one to worry so much so RELAX!!!!

The Mashy Family said...

Those pictures made me want to cry and I actually did a little. I love having all those little memories of their pre birth. Things will be fine you worrier! I know I am just as bad forgive me. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend. We are going to have so much fun.

Tiff and Chris said...

That is so neat! how exciting to be able to see his little face.

Nathan, Karen, Anna, and Austin said...

Wow! Look at his little face! Things will be fine and he'll be here before you know it.