Friday, August 15, 2008

Island Park!!

We just got back yesterday from our little Island Park trip. We had sooo much fun, seriously you know it was a good vacation when you are not ready to come home. We went up with my whole Williams side of the family. My grandparents and 2 uncles and aunts and all my cousins. There were 27 of us all together, and it was a blast. We rented this huge cabin, with like 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms...and the best part was it had a little apartment above the garage that me and Thiago, Ash and Brev and my mom got all to ourselves. It was great!! My cute family put so much effort and money into it, I hardly had to pay for anything cause my grandparents and uncles just kinda took over. We had so much fun, and are so appreciative that they invited us to come along!


I obviously took a ton of pictures in the 5 days we were there, so I think I will split them up into two posts. We left Sunday morning and made the drive up, which actually wasn't bad. I spent my time reading "Breaking Dawn" (which I absolutely loved) and Carson was a little angel the whole time, just sitting there playing with his toys. We made a few stops along the way, including Bear World. I had never been before. Wow...it was so weird to see all those bears right next to your car, just walking around. Carson was amazed.





After driving through and seeing the bears, we walked over to the petting zoo. Carson and my cousin Markell, spent all their time chasing ducks around. Carson would hold her hand and the two of them would just charge on the ducks. Kinda funny. He found this little egg laying around, and was not all to happy to have to give it to the ranger guy. He wanted to keep it for himself. Gross!


After that we went over to their little ride park, and spent about an hour there. Oh how this boy loves his rides. He just runs from one ride to the next with this huge smile on his face. He just can't get enough of it. Thanks to all my cute cousins who played with him and took him on everything. He made so many memories with you guys, and keeps asking me when he gets to see all of his friends again.




The second day we headed into west Yellowstone, to hit all the little shops and everything. Here is me standing in front of our little apartment stairs that morning.

I seriously have the weirdest family. I have never laughed so much as I did in the last 4 days. Here is a picture of my weird uncle dressed up as some crazy trucker, don't worry he is normally a very handsome, well dressed guy. He got this dorky wig, and outfit, just to see how many weird looks he could get. My crazy cousin found this little (or not so little) nose ring, and Thiago was wearing these nylon sleeves that look like he is covered in tatoos. And then these idiots roamed the streets like this. So embarassing, but so dang funny.

Carson and Caton on one of the many buffalo's. Did you all notice Carson's extremely short haircut, Ash got a little carried away and practically buzzed him. He loves it though, nice and cool.

My little cowboy!!


All of us girls, spent like 2 hours in this little bead store making baby bracelets. Ash started with just making 2, but as you can see we all are a little excited over our baby Elle and we kinda went crazy. We ended up making 7, and they turned out so cute!!


Carson and his cousing Gehrig..these two had so much fun together. Well thats it for day 2, stay tuned tomorrow for more.

7 comments:

Candace said...

Looks like a ton of fun! I love Island Park, we used to have a cabin up there and go every summer, I miss it!

Eric and Jenny said...

I am laughing so hard at Mark and Markell and Thiago, what complete weirdo's. I am feeling a little sad that I missed it all. Nobody is more fun on vacations than William's. It looks like so much fun, but I am glad I got to see everyone even if it was only a half an hour.

TW said...

Looks like a fun trip. Tell my boy he sure looks great in that cowboy hat and with all the different animals. He would make a good country boy. Glad to have you home. See you soon.

Souli & Ashley said...

Fun trip it was I love my little bracelets. What dorks we have in our family. Mark especially. They do make a vacation fun and very exciting.

The Mashy Family said...

I love this post I can't wait to see the other ones. It was such a great vacation. I am so excited to have you next year with baby Lincoln. I loved getting to know your family better. Thanks for all the fun memories.

Ashley and Devan said...

Oh how I LOVE Island Park. What a blast! We go every other year with Devan's whole family and rent a huge cabin on Henry's Lake. It's so fun that you guys got to shop for so long! I can't wait to see tomorrows pictures!!

Melissa said...

I talked to Sandie and she told me that you guys were all going to Island Park together. that sounds like you had a lot of fun. I think I get to see all the williams family just as much or more than you do. They are a great family.