Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stupid mom moment & update on MRI

Okay..I definitely had a stupid mom moment yesterday. Carson got locked in the car!! Yikes, I always think to myself how does that happen, well yesterday I found out. It was like 10:30 in the morning and we had just got back from the grocery store. Carson was up playing in the front seat, while I hauled all the groceries in. He eventually came inside, we did a few things around the house and about a half hour later we were ready to head out again. So I take Carson out to the car and go to open the door and the alarm starts going off, he must have hit something while he was playing around in the front. So I grab my keys and just start hitting buttons to make it stop. It stops, and I get Carson strapped in to his carseat. Once he was in, I started picking up a few wrappers that were in my car and took them out to the garbage can. I come back and shut all the doors, and head around to the front seat. Uh-oh. Locked, everything!! When I was trying to set off the alarm I must have hit the lock button instead. So here I am freaking out with Carson trapped in his seat in my driveway in the hot sun. I automatically start trying to call Thiago, he has the other key but he was in Salt Lake so that does me no good. I couldn't get a hold of him anyways, so I grab the phone book and try a locksmith only to be on hold for forever. Finally my mom calls, and tells me to just call the police and tell them I have a small child locked in the car. So I am on hold, while they search for a dispatch....and all the sudden I get an idea. I explain to Carson to wriggle out of the arm straps and lean forward to unlock his door. Ah-ha!! It worked...why did I not think of this a half hour earlier, who knows. I was so proud of Carson, he was so brave, didn't cry once. I just went on and on telling him what a good boy he was, and how proud I was of him. He now tells this story to everyone..only he will say "Me mommy locked me in the car". I kinda sound like an idiot..but oh well!

Next, we got the results from the Thiago's MRI...not great. Could be worse I guess. Come to find out, it is indeed a torn ACL. However it is minor and surgery can be put off until we have the baby. I don't know why we just don't do it now, but the recovery doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun and we just want to get Lincoln payed for first, before we add more hospital bills. Anyways, right now he has to start physical therapy 3 times a week, for the next month and then the doctor will check it again. Sigh, sigh..life is just full of little bumps in the road, but like I say...could be a lot worse!

12 comments:

Bentleys said...

I totally lock Hunter and Brielle in the car when Brielle was a baby while at the gym it was awful!! TJ had to come from work to unlock them so so sad glad he's okay!!

Candace said...

I'm sure everyone has those moments! Good thing Carson is old enough to understand when you told him to unlock the car. He is indeed very brave!

That is to bad about Theo's ACL no soccer for him for awhile I guess. Jeff says to tell him "Sorry man, that sucks!"

Souli & Ashley said...

You are retarded. I don't really think Carson should be in the car anyways where would Brevin have been if he was there. I hope still in his seat. YOu are funny though. The stupid things we do and just hope they don't go worse then they did. Bad news on the MRI but It true could be worse.

Eric and Jenny said...

You are funny! Though I am sure it wasn't funny at the time, good job Cars I am proud of you! At least you didn't have some kooky lady down the street acussing you of being a bad mom and threatening to call the police! It could always be worse!

Jill said...

That is so sad that you locked Carson in the car! I am glad he is so smart and got the doors unlocked. Poor Thiago I feel bad for him and your checkbook.

AMES said...

Wow! Maybe Ross and Thiago have been hanging out too long. I'm so sorry about the ACL. I think we should let em both have surgery and let them recover together! What do ya think? I've had ACL surgery - it's not as bad as it seems. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Oh and I've got "Stupid Mom" moments that top yours by far. Don't feel bad! You are cute!

Rob and Melanie said...

I'm glad everything turned out okay. I've never done that but I'm waiting for it to happen. My boys play in the car all the time. Rob has to have an MRI too. They think he's torn his minicus (I don't think I spelled that right)He'll have to get surgery too. Definaltey not looking forward to that with four boys.

TW said...

I know that sure wasn't funny at the time but knowing the end result it sure was fun and entertaining reading about it. Glad it all worked out for you. Carson probably thought it was great fun if I know him.

Cami said...

Isn't life fun!!! I locked Lexi in the car once on accident and it was like 45 minutes before my mom could get there with the spare key. Luckily it was winter and the car was running, so she was fine. Sorry to hear about Thiago. Hope all goes well. Do you wanna get together next weekend (maybe Friday the 29th)? Just let me know. See you soon!

PS: I'm tagging you so you have another one to do. Look at my blog for the directions.

Ashley and Devan said...

I can't imagine how scared you were when you realized what had happened. What a bright boy Carson is to unlock the car himself. Sorry about the MRI news!

Tammy said...

Gotta love days like that! =) At least you were at home in your garage and not the the parking lot somewhere in the hot sun. Still not fun.

Nick and Stacey said...

Oh man...I am so sorry, I am glad Carson was so brave...alot of kids would just start crying! I am sorry about Thiago, that doesn't sound like fun at all for either of you! I hope everything gets fixed!