Well, as you can tell from my 2 previous posts...my little guy is finally here. My little Lincoln made it safe and sound on Monday, November 17 at 2:30 pm. What an amazing week we have had, always kind of crazy trying to adjust to all of the changes and all of that but we are all doing great. This little guy has already got me wrapped around his little finger. He is the absolute sweetest little baby and is already so very precious to me. I just can't get enough of him and I am so grateful for the sweet little spirit he has brought into our home and into our family. My labor and delivery was a breeze, everything went really fast and so smoothly. I almost didn't realize it was even happening. I blinked and it was over. I will start at the beginning, kind of a long post.
Me and my baby, our first official photo together. Well, one of the firsts.
Here I am, standing outside the hospital. I had to be there at 7:00 am, but by the time we got checked in and settled in my room it was about 8:30.
Still feeling pretty good. My doctor had something going on in the morning and wanted me to wait on the pottosum until about 10:00. I progressed really fast with Carson and we were pretty sure the same would happen here, so she wanted to wait. They started me at about 10:00 and for the first half hour or so, not much happened. My doctor came at about 11:00 and broke my water to see if we could get things moving along.
After that, my contractions started coming hard and fast. I went for about and hour and half before I said bring on the epidural. I am kind of a baby, and if I can get drugs to stop the pain then you bet I will.
Very happy girl after the epidural. Maria brought Carson in for a quick hello, he was just all over the place. So excited to meet his baby Lincoln. After the epidural, we kind of just waited for me to finish dialating. I went about a centimeter every half hour. Pretty fast. And by 2:00 my doctor was back and I was ready to push. Twenty minutes of pushing and there he was.
Heres the little guy, thinking what kind of world have I come to.
Official weigh in....6 pounds 6 ounces and 19 inches long of complete perfection.
Poor baby, wishing he was still back in mommy's belly.
The moment I had been waiting for, for the past 9 months. Well really the past 3 years that we had been trying to get him here. All of the stress and worry and emotion gets so built up, and in that moment when I first met him. I just couldn't quit crying. My little angel, sent straight from heaven. One minute he is in there kicking and the next he is being placed in my arms. I will never forget these moments, with Carson or Lincoln. The BEST moments of my life!
The other moment I had been waiting for. My Carsey-boy holding his baby brother for the first time. My three boys, my whole world right there in front of me. Love, love, love these boys!
Big Reggie and little Reggie...Lincoln Reginaldo Cano is named after his Grandpa Reggie. Thiago's dad.
Oh, how I love that precious little face.
Lincoln all dressed and ready to go home.
I have seriously never been so excited to go home in all my life. I do not enjoy being at the hospital. I don't know how they even dare call those things beds, they were horrible. The second night there I had to sleep with Thiago on the pull out couch cause I couldn't stand another minute in that bed. That was the worst part of the whole experience for me.
Home sweet home, sound asleep!
Carson mauling..I mean loving Lincoln. He has been so great, he hasn't even skipped a beat. He just loves his new baby brother, he is so protective of him. When I change his diapers or bath him, Lincoln just cries and Carson sits there and yells at me to leave him alone and telling me that baby Lincoln doesn't like that. He loves to hold him, lay by him, touch his soft skin, so cute!
All cuddled up in dads arms...he is a little snuggle bunny. He loves to be held, especially by his mommy.
So he is here, absolutely perfect in every way. He is really such a joy to me. I think I was so nervous with Carson being a first time mom and all. I also got the baby blues for about 2 weeks after he was born. Things are totally different this time, I have done this already so I am not nearly as nervous and scared as I was with Carson. Carson also had such a hard time nursing, he didn't latch right and it gave me awful blisters and hurt so bad. He hated it, which made me hate it. Lincoln on the other hand LOVES it. He would live in that spot if he could, he just latches right on and goes to town. I have a whole new appreciation for nursing, I am actually starting to enjoy it. Anyways, that is the first of many posts to come about our new little addition. Like I said he is the sweetest of all babys, he has the most pleasant little dispostion and such a gentle spirit about him. I am loving every minute of it, and am so grateful to have him here.
16 comments:
What a special baby, he is so cute! I am so happy for you to finally have him here. Thank you so much for sharing him with Hallie he is all she talks about.You are a very good Mom and he is lucky to have come down to such a good home. I love you!
Oh Ter he is just an angel, can he look any cuter in all of those pictures. He is so stinkin sweet, he has the most calming presence, I could sit and hold him all day. It will be so fun watching him and firecracker Elle together. I am missing him, give him a kiss for me, maybe I will see you later on today if I can't keep myself away...
He is absolutely adorable and I think there is nothing better than giving birth to a child and meeting them for the first time. Glad things went good and that you are home and all comfortable.
I love all of the pictures he is such a precious little guy! I am so excited for you guys and I am so glad you were able to get your little guy! Congratulations!
He is the most darling little baby I love him with all my heart. I love all those pictures. He has such a cute little face so sweet. So different them Carson. You are so lucky to have your three boys. You are such a good mom and such a good example to me. Thanks for all you do. I love you more then you know.
Oh how sweet! I love him too, all of the pictures are wonderful! He is so cute! I am so glad everything is going so well.
Teri, I'm so happy for you to have your sweet little Lincoln here. He is such a cutie. I'm here at work without you. It's going to be a long day with you not here. I noticed on your post you put that Lincoln was born on the 21st. =)
Awww, how sweet! Those 3 boys sure look handsome together. I had the almost the same experience with nursing. Brooke hated it. She was starving because I wasn't producing anything for her. DaKoda took right to it. About 5 days later or so, she did have a screaming fit for about 3 hours which almost made me give up. Thank heavens my parents were here who both kept encouraging me and taking turns to calm her down. After her temper tantrum, she finally gave in and we both amde it until 9 months when I had had enough and she was more interested in real food. Having both sides, I think any woman who nurses is amazing. It can really be hard at times, but I really feel like it was worth it in the long run. Congrats you beautiful woman! You are amazing!
Congratulations!!!! I love you guys way cute baby!!!!
Teri, he is so perfect! What a little angel. Carson is so sweet, he is already such a great big brother! I'm glad you are doing so well, you look great!
The pictures are precious. Hope little Lincoln is doing okay and you are adjusting to having two cuties. Give them a kiss from me.
I swear he has the cutest face ever. He is so darling I miss him so much. I just wanted to say I like you background fits a boy perfectly. Ask Thiago if he will change mine for me.
Teri! he is sooo sooo sooo adorable!!!
congrats! im so happy for you!
he is just perfect! And he looks just like carson! how cute!
we got you a present! but i hope we get it to you before its to small!
So sweet. I love that Carson LOVES Lincoln...thats so cute. What a good big brother. too funny that he tells you to leave Lincoln alone when he starts crying...so adorable! Congrats, Lincoln is precious.
I'm so happy for you guys, I'm sure it's been a struggle these last 3 years. What a blessing. He is just the sweetest thing, I love hearing about your hospital experience, it gives me a heads up of what to expect!
Yeah! You finally have your complete family. I am so happy for you. i know what a journey it has been. He is so adorable, (just like Carson). And you look fabulos in ALL the pictures. Congrats!
Post a Comment