Saturday, December 13, 2008

Gingerbread Houses, good enough to eat!


Sad but true...this is something I have never done up until this year. We used to decorate sugar cookies when I was little, but never gingerbread houses. Well I am lazy and didn't want to go to all the trouble and mess of making my own cookies like my mom used to. Soooo, in comes the premade gingerbread house kits. They come with everything and are pretty cheap, so it worked out great.


Cars and me checking out our supplies.


Thiago got so into it, I was surprised. Usually I kinda take over (shocker right) and he just sits and watches me. However I was fussin with Lincoln for the first little bit, so him and Carson just went at it. Carson actually spent most of the time licking the frosting, it was pretty good. I tried it too. Thiago was appauled, he thought we were both so disgusting for eating it.


Lincoln enjoying the festivites..


After about five minutes of that, this is how we found him. I was happy he fell asleep so we could really decorate without worrying about him.


Carson decorated one of the cookies that came with it, this is what it looked like. Yum!! He insisted we include it on the house, so we stuck it on the back. That way you couldn't really see it, but Carson was happy.



Finished product..beautiful right??

12 comments:

Bentleys said...

Cute, I love decorating them it's so much fun and so much work!! Linc looks so cute I love this lil outfit!

Eric and Jenny said...

Yours really did turn out cute I am afraid with my two tornadoes mine won't stand a chance, but I guess we will see...

Tiff and Chris said...

How neat that they have kits. Looks like y'all had a lot of fun!

Aleese and Scott said...

I love the house! Looks like you had a great night, and your boys look as cute as ever. Also Lincolns newborn pictures are adorable!

Delahunty Family said...

looks good! Funny this is your first time because this year is my first time not doing one!

Tammy said...

Your house turned out so cute. I went to Target tonight looking for one and they didn't have any. Oh well. I can't believe you got Lincoln's pictures done already. You are so on the ball. He is to stinkin cute!!!

Jill said...

Looks like fun, you guys did a great job even with Carsons help. I love the newborn pictures, they also turned out really cute.

Melissa said...

it turned out darling! I thought of getting one of those. You little bab is getting so big already! his pics are darling! I can't wait to hold him on christmas eve!

TW said...

Tell my boy what a good job he did with the house. Looking at the pictures I have such big urges for him right now. Looks like a fun activity for the family.

Nick and Stacey said...

So fun! Everyone is decorating cookie houses! It looks fabulous! What a fun little family activity! Poor little lincoln I hope he gets feeling better. That is no fun!

Taylor's mom said...

I have thought about doing that too because I am NOT a baker by any means. Good family fun. I love that big T gets into it. My big T, not so much. The new baby pic's are darling!!!

Candace said...

I love doing gingerbread houses. Look how cute your's all turned out!

I love Lincoln's new pics. He is just a little cutie!