We decided to celebrate Carson's birthday on Saturday rather than Sunday. Easier for friends and family, and with Fathers day and all. So we had big plans for an outside party with all his little cousins and a few neighborhood friends and what does it do? Rain, rain, and more rain. What is with this June, making me crazy. Here comes the sunshine this week though, I hope anyways. So we moved the party down in to our basement. Luckily, my basement is in pretty good order so we just slid a couple of things over and made room for his decorations and games.
The set-up.
The help.
The prizes.
First we had a little fish pond for the kids.
Then onto a little stick the nose on the lion kinda game.
Ring toss.
Carson got a lot of great toys from his friends. Piano, squirt gun, helmet, batman cape and belt, truck, chalk spray painter, all kinds of things.
Thiago and I got him this new spiderman bike as one of his presents. He loves it, so far he has only rode it down in the basement. However, as soon as his dad gets home tonight they are going to head outside.
Servin up a little brownie icecream sundaes. Yum!
Little brother slept through most of the party, but joined us downstairs for the last half hour.
And of course a pinata. What is a party without a pinata, right?
Some of our little jungle friends.
We rested and cleaned up after our little friend party and then met up with family at Red Robin. I was so sad cause Thiago's whole family decided to stay in Brazil longer than they had originally planned. Soooo, none of them were there. Oh well, there is always next year I guess.
We then went back to our house for cake and icecream. It was a great day and I think Carson really enjoyed it. He loves being the center of attention and enjoyed every minute of it. I was exhausted when all was said and done, but his little smile makes it all worth it. Thanks to all my family for being there and always supporting my little guy. We love you all so much and our so grateful to have you!
7 comments:
Happy Birthday to Carson! You guys went all out for his birthday, looks like a lot of fun! Teri, you look awesome, you can't even tell you've had 2 kids, I'm jealous!
Thanks Ter, it was such a fun day, I thought the whole thing turned out really well. And Lance keeps talking about the entire day, so you know the kids loved it. Take some pictures of Carsy riding his bike, I bet he catches on really quick.
A cute bunch of kids and a fun party I'm sure. Happy Birthday Carson, sure looks like you had a good one. Four years old, wow.
Can't believe you habe a 4 year old! I love how he looks like you nd Lincoln looks like Thiago!
What a fun party! He had a lot of little friends to invite..how fun! I love the jungle theme. I think throwing birthday parties is so much fun!
I'm glad the party turned out well. I was wondering what you were going to do as I watched the rain keep falling that day. Sorry that your are not feeling well. I hope all of you will feel better soon.
You really do know how to throw a party! Sorry we weren't able to come, life around here has been a little crazy! We will have to get together sometime!
Post a Comment