Wasn't going to post this until I had a better idea of what is going on. I tend to be kinda private about certain things, but blogging is therapeutic for me and I need to work through some of my thoughts. So here goes...to say I am stressed at the moment, would be a serious understatement. I am beyond stressed. My sweet Carsey is giving me a little scare lately, not sure what is going on. If you don't like potty talk, stop reading this now cause there is a lot of it coming up. For the past month or so, Carson has been having some pretty serious diarhea. It started out with just every 4-5 days, he would have a little bout of it and then it would go away. As the weeks go on though, it just keeps getting worse. It started happening more and more frequently, every other day until now it is every single day, multiple times. I can't remember the last time he had a solid poop, it is always runny and horrid smelling. About 2 weeks ago I called his doctors office to ask about it and they said it was probably because he drinks to much juice, so I took him off all juice for a few days, didn't work. They then said to try no dairy and keep a food journal, didn't work. As I said each day it gets worse and worse. He gets these horrible tummy aches and balls up crying until he can poop it out. His tummy is all swollen and sticks out and is rock hard. By the end of the day it looks like a little basketball is in there, the next morning it is normal again. He has so much gas, and is pretty much just miserable. Last night, we were up with him from 11:00-3:30, sitting on the potty while he sobbed and went to the bathroom over and over. Break my heart. I decided enough was enough and took him in this morning. Now we start the process of elimination....doctor sent me home to collect stool samples. Let me tell you, that was probably the funnest moment in my mommy history. Very pleasant. Send those off today to be tested for some type of viral infection. However, doctor doesn't seem to think it is that. All signs point to celiac disease. Which basically means he has an allergy to flour, yeah flour...what the heck is he supposed to eat. Flour is in everything. In celiac the small intestine can't break up gluten, and it eats away at the intestine. If the results from his stool come back negative we begin the blood samples and a scope to go down into his tummy and take some pictures. Sounds fun right. I am just not having a good day, I broke down at the doctors office, sitting there crying like a big retard. Last night just about killed me, seeing the pain in my baby's eyes and not being able to fix it. I have tried everything I can think of, I have analyzed his diet over and over for the past 5 weeks now and still can't come up with an answer. It needs to stop, I just can't stand to see him like that anymore. Praying that we can get some good answers and find a way to help my sweet boy. I love him so much, SO MUCH and just want him to be strong and healthy. And in the middle of all this, we are indeed set to close on our home next Wednesday, so I am packing, making about a million phone calls, running back and forth with doctors and what not, all while trying to take care of my kids and stay sane. Feel like I am juggling a bunch of balls, and dropping every single one. Like I said, bad day. Hope tomorrow goes better, and I can get a handle of all my emotions. Anyways, just needed to write my thoughts out like I said. Hopefully, we can get some answers soon...one day at a time, right??
13 comments:
Oh Teri, that sounds so sad! I'm sorry your little guy has to go through that, hopefully they can figure out what the problem is soon so he doesn't have to go through it much longer! Be strong for him, I know you are doing a great job and being a wonderful mother, don't be so hard on yourself - afterall you do have a lot to juggle right now :0)
I love you Teri and now I'm here for my Carsy bug and you. I'm so sad for me I saw him that one day when he kept saying naughty oatmeal. What a sweetie. He is fine though don't let your head get aways from you. I hope I can help you in someway feel better. I love your little family with all my heart.
I am so sorry!! There is nothing worse then the fear and the unknown. Poor little Carson I hope things go well over the next couple of weeks!
I'm sorry Teri! That's horrible, and watching Carson go thourgh that and not being able to do anything is just awful! I wish I could help in some way! Let me know if there is anything I can do to lessen your stress!
Holy cow Teri! It sounds like things have gotten a lot worse since you told me on Saturday. I'm glad you took him in to the doctor. I hope they can figure this thing out soon so life can be good again. Are we still on for this afternoon? Are you up to still go?
Teri, I have Ciliac! Its really not as bad as it sounds! It takes a little getting used to cuz you have to read EVERY SINGLE ingredient before you buy anything... But there are a lot more gluten free things offered now! There is even a gluten free store in Layton! Anyhow... that is too bad about Carson, and I hope they figure things out! If you have any questions or need any help let me know... we should get together and catch up anyhow!!
Teri, that sounds no fun at all. I hope everything will be okay. That would break my heart to seeing him like that he is such a sweet boy. I hope you find out whats going on sooner than later so that you can stop stressing. Just like you said one day at a time! THats all we can do!
Oh my goodness Ter, that does not sound fun at all...I hate it when my kids are sick, and especially for long amounts of time! Doesn't it always seem to rain when it pours! Know I am thinking of you, you are in my prayers, no one needs that amount of stress..Holly has Ciliacs, and my moms Cousin also does too, so its a bit more common, but still does not sound like any fun to me! If you need anything let me know...or even someone to just call and vent to I am here...home all day every day! Love You!
Oh poor little guy, I'm so sorry! I hope they will be able to figure out whats going on and get him better, our prayers are with you!
I'm so sorry Teri. I hope they figure out what is causing all this. Poor little guy. That's the worst when it's your kids in pain and there is nothing you can do. We'll keep you in our prayers! Hang in there!
OH Teri! I'm so sorry, we were in this same boat with Ash last year, for 3 months we went through this and it all ended up being some weird viral thing. He will definately be in my prayers and hopefully everything will be alright. Hang in there, I know its tough. PLEASE, let me know if you need anything at all. Moving is stressful and with something like this added on top, I can imagine how you feel. Everything will work out, I promise. You kept me strong during my crazy times and now its my turn. You are a wonderful Mom!
I am going to get Lance his Captain America tommorow you can tell Carsy he has a blue carebear coming his way....
Love you, you are in my prayers always, give my bug a love for me.
I am so sorry! That is so sad, I couldn't imagine having my little one in that much pain. I know a few people who have it and believe it or not, there are things to eat. you can buy gluten free flour to make things with and there are lots of things in health food sections that are gluten free.
hang in there, and it's amazing what medicine can do these days.
Post a Comment