Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Getting into the spirit of things..

Oh, I just love this time of year. Something going on almost every night, but I love it. Wouldn't be Christmas without it. This past weekend we had a little party with some of our friends. We hosted at our house so everyone could see it, and it was so much fun. When things are at my house I never get any pictures but we had a great time....thanks Kusuda's, Vogels, Clarks, Phongsavath's, and Gus and Shalae for coming. Great seeing you all.

Monday night we headed up to Tremonton for family night. My sweet cousin invited us over for pizza at her house and then we went to this little place in Garland where they have a little Santa station set up. It was adorable. The most real life looking Santa I have ever seen. Tons of Christmas trees and decorations to set the mood, hot chocolate and homemade cookies. They even had two reindeer there for the little ones to see. Started snowing just as we arrived, we were shivering but boy did it get us in that Christmas spirit. Perfect.




Carson is a big Santa fan. He has already seen the jolly old man about 5 times this year. Every time we go to the mall, he drags me over there to visit Santa, yet again. Santa probably thinks we are at the mall too often, and he is probably right.



Lincoln wasn't exactly sure what he thought. He was very sad all day long, he has got a cold that just won't go away and had a pretty fussy day of it. By the time we got there, he was pretty ornery. At first he just stared at Santa, but pretty soon that little lip started quivering and he wanted out of there. Not a great first experience, but oh well.




Checking out the reindeer, Carson kept asking them if they were ready for Christmas. Made me laugh. He gets this little sing song baby voice and would sweetly ask them. Such a goofy kid.


Cute cousins, nice face Cars.



On the way home we stopped at my moms house to visit and get the kids in their pajamas. Was the perfect ending to our evening. Nobody's house beats my moms at Christmastime. It is just heaven on earth in there. Its funny cause I never lived in that house, yet every time I walk in it feels like coming home. I truly think homemaking is a gift, my mom just has a way about it. Her home has always been a safe haven from the crazy world. My biggest wish is that my kids will always think of our home like that. A refuge from the big mean world. Love you mom, thanks for instilling that in me...

This picture is totally random, but its cute. Watching Ashley's kids this morning, and she brought Elle this cute little PUMA outfit to wear. Lincoln has one just like it only for boys so I put him in his. I just thought they were so cute. Little PUMA babies. Cute!

6 comments:

Clemments Family said...

Wow, that Santa does look awesome! I love the picture of your sisters little girl and Lincoln, so cute.

Eric and Jenny said...

So I was there but I missed a lot of these moments where was I when Cars was asking the reindeer if they were ready for Christmas, oh he is too much. Love that picture of Lincoln sizing Santa up, the look on his face just kills me. Lance keeps talking about how great all of Gehrig's toys are, and how Carson got a cookie, the two things that apparently stood out the most for him.

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

I love the picture of grandma hugging your little guy! That's so precious, very cute picture!

Ashley and Devan said...

What a fun little party with Santa and Reindeer and everything. Poor Lincoln, meeting Santa for the first time can be scary. I remember Hunter crying so hard the first time he saw him. Boy does that change fast!

TW said...

That truly is a great Santa...glad you all had fun. Carson and the reindeer, so cute!!!

My Three Boys said...

So you were about 2 seconds from my house and you didn't stop to say Hi! Shame on you guys :) Seriously I have never heard of this reindeer and Santa thing. And I live here obviously I don't get out much. next time you better stop and say hi at least drive by and honk.