For 7 years now, Thiago and I always go to Salt Lake and do a little Christmas shopping the weekend after Thanksgiving. We started it the year before we got married. Shopped all day and then went to dinner on "The Roof", at the top of Joseph Smith Memorial Building. To my surprise that year, he proposed that night. I had no idea, I knew it was coming but we had talked about the following spring. So it was a very nice surprise. We carry the tradition on each year, except now we stay over night as well.
As you will see most of our pictures are taken by me, I have freakishly long arms and can take them pretty well. We had such a good time with just the two of us. My inlaws kept our kids, which we always appreciate. Its funny cause you wait so long to have time to yourself, but we still spent the majority of our day talking about them, wondering how they were and calling to check up on them. Kinda obsessive, however most of it is coming from their dad. He is just a tad overprotective.
Love these nuts...favorite part about shopping during the holidays.
My kids are almost totally done, Carson is a little over done. We always go crazy on him, there are just so many things I knew he would love. Still have a couple of odds and ends for Lincoln, he was a little harder.
Stayed at the Grand America this year. It was beautiful, thanks to my honey for always spoiling me. I am a lucky girl, he works hard to provide the best for me and our kids. I felt very loved and pampered this weekend...which is always nice from the day to day stuff. Thanks sweetie!!
Fancy bathroom...
I always think it is funny how they come in and pull your bed down, kinda odd.
What a nerd, he is pretending to act really impressed by the lobby. Goof.
All dressed up and ready to go to dinner, we are standing on our balcony in these pictures.
In front of the Christmas tree at the Joseph Smith building, I have a picture exactly like this 7 years ago the night we got engaged. Should have scanned it on, but didn't want to take the time right now.
View from our table at dinner.
Thanks babe for the fun weekend, and most of all thanks for being you. What a girl I am, and it takes a special guy to put up with all my shannigans. Love you-
9 comments:
Awww...how sweet! I have always thought you and Thiago are cute together and I still do. You guys have a cute little love story to tell your kids one day.
Wow, what a fun tradition! How about that room huh? Fancy! Glad you had a great time!
So many things first off you look darling in all those pictures. Remember being fat and uncomfortable and being jealous of me last year in my skinny jeans yeah well that is how I am feeling this year of you. What is that Toy Story box you got there, something Lance might like? That hotel looks delightful, what a romantic weekend I hope you didn't ruin it with your shanningans...
So fun I wish Souli and I had a tradition like. That. I absolutley love that picture 7 years ago you haven't changed one bit. Still beautiful and still the twig you always were. You look beautiful I can't tell my sister that enough.
What a fun tradition!! That is so sweet of Thiago to plan such a fun date. I love the pictures looks like you guys had such a fun time!
You two are so cute. I love how much you do together! Shopping with my hubby is stressful for the most part. Glad you were able to be successful.
That is so Awesome that you guys do that, that sounds like a fun tradition. It looks like you guys had fun.
I am so glad you guys can get away from it all and spend some time together. I think we have not done that for so long. The pictures of you two are so cute. I think you look so cute on your night out!
Wow that is really neat! I would love to see that picture taken in the same spot long ago...
Yes, I am sad that we couldn't come up on Saturday, but we dont have anyone to watch our kids either!
You can't know how bummed I am. I was just telling Jon like a couple weeks ago we should invite everyone down...
I really hope you all have fun! Funny how it's actually the only night we have something - the entire month is dead for us!
Post a Comment