Oh dear, I was late this month. His 11 months fell right on Christmas Eve, so obviously that wasn't happening. Then came the Christmas aftermath, and well it still didn't happen. So here we are 11 months and 2 weeks, but better late than never. I didn't want to have come this far with my monthly updates and miss his eleven.
one month...oh my little tiny mister.
two months..
three months..
four months...
five months...
six months..
seven months...
eight months...
nine months...
ten months...
and eleven, oh eleven. We are all but there.
It's a good thing we are all but there, these little photo shoots are getting hard. He looked at me like "yeah right, you want me to just sit here next to this dumb mouse". Uh-uh, not happening. I snapped what I could and this little man was outta there.
I know, I know...doesn't this face about kill ya. I seriously have to pick myself up off the floor (you know cause I just melted) everytime I see this picture. Oh, this kid...he kills me.
Oh Drakey bug, please don't be almost one. I am having a hard time with this one. Not sure why, but every month that passes, well now every day that passes and brings us closer to that 1 year mark I feel a little piece of my heart hurting. I think with your first, it is all so new and exciting that you just can't wait for them to get older. I found myself introducing things earlier to Carson, things like sippy cups and toys and what not. Its like I was in a rush to experience it with him, after all he was my first and I knew there would be other babies after him. Excpet now all of the sudden, I blinked and this is my THIRD baby. I want 4 kids, but what you want and what you get are sometimes very different things. Sometimes I get a weird feeling when I think about a fourth, like maybe that won't ever happen for me. I don't know, all I know is that this precious babe of mine is growing too fast. I want him to stay a baby, but he is not listening. Oh well...
Don't let these sweet little stationary pictures fool you. These were taken back in the day. There he sits all nice and still, quietly playing with Elle Belle.
Well guess what, this kid has learned something in the past 6 weeks since we have last talked about him. Yep, he has been mastering a little something called...
CRAWLING!! Oh no, he's mobile.
Gotta say, this is one of those milestones that I was talking about. I couldn't wait for Carson to crawl. Absolutely couldn't wait. And now, lets just say I know the trouble that comes along with crawlers. I was in no hurry for my mellow little dude to figure that one out. I think even the most mild and chill of all babies become somewhat irritating at this age. Boy, are these little people curious...and fast!
He is officially into anything and everything. Why is it that you can have a whole room full of toys and they are constantly going for things they are not supposed to have. Things like cords, and garbage cans, and laundry piles. For the love kid, go find a toy!
He has also starting pulling himself up to things. This one I was kinda happy about. Seems like my other two kids did this way before Drake finally did. It was kinda stressing me out. No worries though, he got it.
Needless to say, with all this new found freedom and all, the little critter is constantly getting himself into odd little predicaments. The other day I caught him trying to get to Carson' "treasures" underneath the bed. He got that big ol' head of his stuck under there. Ha-ha..kinda funny.
(On a sidenote, up until this moment I had no idea how much "treasures", I mean crap, Carson had stored under that bed. We had a little cleanout session later that day. I tell ya, the kid is a pack rat.)
This is one of his favorite hangouts. He loves to pull himself up to the stair railings and stand there and babble. He talks and he talks, and he laughs and he laughs. Doesn't need any friends either, he gets a kick out of just himself and these railings.
That's it for this month...this kid is on the move. He's got places to go and people to see and there is no looking back!
7 comments:
This makes me laugh lots, cause whenever I think of Drakey bug crawling I remember him crawling all over my house at the Christmas party. I am sure he is in to loads more now but I gotta say even for a little crawler he is still remarkably good. He spent three hours going over my floor like a vacuum and we never heard a peep out of him. Just an occassional brush on your pant legs and that's it. The little turkey I have never seen such a content little guy.
What cute pictures you got of him this month, each one made me smile. Hope today is going good oh and to answer your questions I think I have rewatched it at least five times, might go make it six in just a minute!
He is too cute! I can't believe he's that big already. I swear you just posted about having him. He is too sweet!
Seriously, its flew by, I can't believe how fast time goes. He is a cutie pie, love his smile.
WHAT!!! Almost 1, why does it go by so fast :*( He is soooo adorable! You are in so serious trouble with that boy in a few years lol
Oh 11 months is when it starts to feel scary! Like, where is my baby going!?!! He gets cuter and cuter each month Teri!! I would be kissing this cheeks all day!
Thanks for the cute comment on my blog. I really appreciate it. Your boys are darling and getting so big!!
What a cutie pie he is!
His eyes are really something.
Sorry it hurts so much more with this baby turning one soon. I know what you mean.
I remember when you were pregnant and it is crazy to see on your blog that he is crawling!!! Wow how time flies.
Don't blink anymore Teri. :)
Post a Comment