Monday, January 30, 2012

My 29th year


What the...WHAT!!! 29 freaking years old. I am sorry to any readers out there who are older than my 29, but I gotta say it. 29 is sounding very old. Very old. Last year in my twenties??? That is a sad thought to me. Its not even so much the age that bums me out, its wondering where all those years have gone. I can close my eyes and envision myself at 19. I still feel the same. But 10 years have gone by. I don't get it.

Although I gotta say, even though I still feel 19...I am starting to accept the fact that I may not look it. I am getting little lines around my eyes, my tummy just isn't as flat as it used to be and ya know what everytime my sister colors my hair she spots a grey. She pulls it out, we both examine it and I say "quick, slap some extra color in that spot". And then we both laugh. Oh heavens...



So even though I was feeling a bit hesitant about this birthday, it turned out to be one of my best. My sister and I were saying that it is to bad all birthdays don't fall on a weekend. Its the way to go. 3 day long celebration. We started out by going out to dinner with my mom on Friday (the night before my birthday). Just me, my twin, and my mom...and then at the last minute we decided to bring our two big boys. Cars and Lance. They are the best of friends, and just don't see each other enough. They are at a good age. They are such good kids, that we knew we would enjoy their company rather than having it feel like work. It was so much fun.


They played Transformers the whole way down to Salt Lake...


And the whole hour while we waited for our table. Didn't even know they were with us.


So us three ladies just sat there next to them and chatted. I love to just sit and chat. My sisters and I have 8 kids under the age of 6, things are pretty crazy when we all get together. It is a rare occurence to just sit and talk. Seriously...NEVER happens.


We wanted to eat at the Cheesecake Factory, but it was a two hour wait...no thanks. So we went next door to the Macaroni Grill and ate there. It was delicious. I got mushroom ravioli. We stopped by Cheesecake Factory on the way out and got a few pieces to go. Sorry for the horrible picture, but mine was Pina Colado. Yum!

Next day, I woke up feeling kinda crummy. I have got a nasty head cold, and it appeared on my birthday. Oh well...


But it was a cool, crisp day and the sun was shining(sort of). So I did what any newbie 29 year old girl would do....


I put some extra curls in my hair,


and wore my new, sparkly birthday shoes and I headed on out to face my 29th year.


Turns out this girl had to work on her birthday. Don't worry though, it was just a short day and my 2 best friends work on Saturdays with me. I love those girls. Look one of them even brought me a box of Dots cause she knows they are my favorite. Oh sweet Tam...I sure do love ya.


The honey stopped by to bring me my Mcdonalds coke. Coke and Dots. Its a good birthday.


Coke wasn't the only surprise at work that day...look what else honey got me. These little lovelies got delivered to me as well. I told him not to get me anything, I had already bought myself a new shirt and shoes and that should have been it. But he just couldn't help himself...


I'm kinda glad he didn't listen to me, nothing like receiving flowers. Sure does make a girl feel special.


My card made me smile too...I sure do love my babe!


Truly, this little guy is the only present I needed...


and this one...


and this one too!!

Love my boys.


Later that night we met up with both of our families for dinner at Texas Roadhouse.


More coke please....








The only ones missing were Jen, Eric and the kids. They had their own plans that night. Dang it. Oh well...we missed them.


Ah, my boy...giving me a birthday hug. And take notice of my mama's arm around me. 29 years old and I am a still my mama's girl. Some things you never outgrow...

It was a great night.


I ended it snuggled up to these two. Lincoln wanted to sleepover at my inlaws and Thiago went to a late night movie with his brother and sister. So it was just us three. Nice and cozy.


And the fun continued the next day.

My mother in law made me my most favorite birhtday dinner and invited Ash and Souli and my mom and Deano to join us. Cafe Rio pork salads, strawberry crepes and my own cake. She is too good to me.

It was such a great birthday. I just felt so appreciated and loved. Honey was sooo good to me. He got up with Drake at night, handled all the kids fights and bickerings, changed all the diapers, sent me sweet messages, let me take a Sunday nap, made us breakfast, reminded the kids to give me birthday loves.

Not to mention all the birthday phone calls and texts. Thanks to you all who made me feel so loved.


Its gonna be a good 29th year.

8 comments:

The Carnahan's said...

Happy Birthday Teri!!! I cannot believe this is our last year of our twenties either. Where has the time gone? Sounds like you had such a fun birthday weekend! I love surprises and those flowers are beautiful, what a sweet hubby you have! I am glad you got spoiled, you deserve it!

Tammy said...

Birthday's are so much fun. I'm glad you had a great one. You think 29 sounds old just you wait!!! =)

The Mashy Family said...

Happy Birthday to you too!! Just left a message for Jenny too. Looks like a great weekend with your family. Boo you had to work but such is life. I know that you are just excited for the next birthday. It really is a bummer but life does not change. I hated turning 30. You look like one sexy mama though for 29!

Clemments Family said...

You definately make 29 look good. Happy Birthday my friend, glad it was a good one.

I hate to admit this, but I've never been to the Cheesecake factory or Macaroni Grill. Awful huh? I agree!

Ashley and Devan said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! Wow, what a fun weekend! 29 looks good on you, you look so pretty in all of your pictures.

Genn said...

I'm so glad you had such a great birthday weekend Teri!!!
You look beautiful. That sparkly grey top is so much fun. I want one.

Love your hair with all those curls too.

Enjoy 29!!!!!!!

Don't dread 30... you heard it is the new sexy right? ;)

Eric and Jenny said...

I just loved this post, I am really coveting your hair in all of these pictures. Why exactly have you always had better hair than me I would like to know, I thought we were twins. Why was I short changed in the hair department?

Love you lots glad our big day was wonderful for you too, it was a great year wasn't it. Let's not be afraid of 30, let's enjoy this last year of being twenty something! Easier said than done though am I right?

Rob'n'Mon said...

happy, happy birthday! I'm so glad it was such a good one for you.