Well hello snow...welcome to winter. I guess I am just never happy. When we have a wet winter with tons of snow, I complain. It ruins my hair, the bottom of my pants are all wet, the roads are slick, its too cold. Now here we are, middle of January and we have barely had three decent snow storms. Where the heck is our snow this year. I guess when it comes right down to it, I am a snow bunny at heart. I sure do love that fluffy, white stuff and we just aren't seeing much of it this year. Finally, this past weekend gave us a glimpse of it. It snowed just that one day but the temprature is staying cold enough that it hasn't melted just yet. Its lovely.
Got the last of my Christmas boxed up and put away for another year. I always feel so sad that first day after Christmas, so hard to say goodbye to the season. However it doesn't take me long to snap out of that. I thought I would be sad taking down all my lights and garland and red and green but turns out I was pretty excited. I was ripping things down just as fast as I could. Feels good to have it all cleaned out and back to normal. Everything feels so clean, and fresh, and simple. And that my friends, is a pretty good feeling.
Oh my heavens, do I love a good cleanout. Last week was totally exhausting but so, so, so lovely at the same time. We had practically spring like weather out there. So I opened all my windows and let the cool breeze flow on through. The babies and I stayed in our jams all day and we went to town. First we got rid of all the Christmas decor, then we deep cleaned, then we redecorated, then we had a toy organizing party. It was a long 3 days, and I went to bed completely exhausted but delirously happy. What a lovely feeling.
The toy organization was my favorite part. I get absolutely giddy on the brink of an organization project. I love it. I started in the boys room, Drake's to be exact. I keep all of their best toys in their rooms. Then we have a little playroom under the stairs that holds their semi-favorite things, and the least favorite things go in the big unfinished part of our basement. So I basically just move from room to room, put away their new toys in their rooms and clear out old stuff to add to the playroooms. Then we had a major toy give away of all their old stuff. There was no way I was bringing in more toys without getting rid of some old ones first.
Drake's newly organized closet...lookin' good.
I know, I know...look at all those little guys so neatly placed in their proper bins. Be still my heart, awwwww...I love it.
Somehow all of this (including those little totes I just showed you in the previous picture) have to fit into Carson and Linc's closet. Yikes.
It was a tight fit, but I did it.
Under the stairs.
And the big playroom.
I am in some serious toy heaven around here. Everytime I watch the kids pull out one of their newly organized bins my heart does a little happy dance.
Yep, it feels good to be back to normal.
I also got a few new little odds and ends as I put away Christmas. Some are Valentines related so I will wait til we are a bit closer to show you those, but here is just a peak at my other stuff.
My mom gave me this cute little memo board for Christmas. You can write little messages on the glass. The paper on the inside of the frame is interchangable (red, sage, beige) so you can match it with the different seasons. Then she gave us different colored dry erase markers. The bottom is magnetic so you can stick notes and reminders up as well. Seriously so cute. I love my mama, she seriously is always a step ahead in the decor department, she keeps me hooked up.
See how cute it looks!
This and that..
I also got a few of my family pictures printed out and framed. Just waiting on our big one, need to go pick it up.
So yeah, feeling pretty good about things right now. Getting back into our routine and it feels good.
Thats it from me for now...stay tuned though, our life is kinda crazy at the moment and I have got lots to blog about. You'll hear from me soon...
4 comments:
Love things clean and fresh too. I still have two trees to take down. I have not taken them down yet due to laziness and I just can't let go of it yet!!! I will agree an orgnaized toy closet makes my heart sing too. Now if I could get it to stay that way.
Loved this post, my house is starting to feel so clean and fresh too. You need to look at this list I pinned it gives you a project a month for deep cleaning this month is closets. Though who am I kidding only I need a motivational list like that. You are always one step ahead of me when it comes to spring cleaning. You somehow manage to always get yours done and last year well we all know my big closet success was all I accomplished. This is the year for me!
Oh on Monday do you want to come with me and do some Valentine shopping I need to go to Tai Pan and maybe Secret Haven? Yes??
Fun post Teri.
your house looks beautiful!
I love the family photos you framed.
and of course I looove some good toy organization. Always feels so good doesn't it?!
Enjoy your day.
Can't wait to hear all the fun stuff you guys are up to.
Ohhh so jealous of your organization! Looks awesome and I'm sure feels awesome too! Enjoy it :)
Post a Comment