Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy First


Just yesterday...


and then I opened my eyes today and this is the little one that greets me. I am not going to lie my sweet boy, my heart feels heavy today as we welcome your first birthday. It is hard to close that chapter. Words can't express how much I love you. You were our little surprise, and let me tell you I have never loved a "surprise" quite so much. How can someone so small have such a huge spirit. I swear everytime I look into those black eyes, I see heaven staring back at me. My heart has molded so perfectly with yours that its hard to imagine you haven't always been here. One year ago today, I sat there in that hospital bed and held you for the first time. It never ceases to amaze me the love you can feel flowing through your veins for this tiny babe you just barely met. I love you more with every passing minute my love. It has been a beautiful year, and one I will never forget.

Happy first birthday Drake

I love you.

Mom

5 comments:

Rob'n'Mon said...

Wow time flies! Happy birthday Drake!

Clemments Family said...

Happy Birthday to Drake, the year has flown.

Genn said...

okay, let me wipe away my tears!!!
happy birthday to your sweet drakey boy. he's such a cutie pie!
and happy birthday to you soon to my friend!!!

Tammy said...

I can't believe he is a year. Happy Birthday to cute little Drake.

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh Ter I can't believe it's been a year, how did that go by so fast.

Drakey bug we love you so much, happy birthday my baby!