Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Starting anew..


New Year..


New you..

Well, not exactly. I do love the start of a new year though. Everything feels so fresh and well...new. It's like a clean slate, the chance to start over again and make a few changes.

I have a few New Years resolutions in mind. I hope I can stick to them, but thats the thing about me. I actually am pretty good at sticking to what I say I am going to do. I have pretty decent follow through, so I am optimistic that I will be able to make some good changes.

Anyways...enough about that.

I love the week between Christmas and New Years. It is a week of playing. Thiago had the whole week off so we tried to make the most of it. The first few days were kinda a bummer cause Carson was still sick so we just hung out at home. Thiago helped the boys get out all of their new toys and the four of them had a blast. Oh that honey of mine...he is just a big kid himself. I think he had just as much fun with all the new toys as they did.


Finally on Thursday we decided to leave the house. We had a little Christmas money we wanted to spend so we took the kids shopping for a little while and then we went and dropped off Drake at my inlaws and took my big boys to "Adventures of Tin Tin".



Please excuse all 4 of us in these pictures..the flash was a little bright. Ha...doesn't stop me from getting a good picture though.

Love these pictures cause they are so typically us right now. Cars has always been a mama's boy and Lincoln is so his daddy's. It is always me and Cars, Thiago and Linc and the baby gets passed back and forth. Haha.

Next up, New Years Eve.


Self taken family portrait. Hey we are all looking and everyone is in the picture. SUCCESS!






We had a nice, quiet little New Year Eve. Which is absolutely perfect. I am always so partied out by New Years. We went to my inlaws with just our little family and my mother and father in law and Rosemary. Nice and quiet.




We seriously ate like kings. My mother in law...I tell you, there is nothing this lady can't cook. I just LOVE her food. I love it. We had veggies and dip, fruit and dip, chips and salsa and homemade guac. Then comes the steak, and lobster, and shrimp,and potatoes and asparagus. And for dessert....tiny little chocolate cakes filled with fudge and covered in warm chocolate sauce. Yep, all that. Oh, so good.


We played a few games...ya know things like Guess Who and Chuggington matchup. Well, the rest of us played...the three year old just chucked all the cards across the room, cause ya know...he does things like that.


Carson just shakin' it...loves to dance this one. I guess he takes after Vovo, right Regie??



Midnight finally rolled around. These two were big fans of the noisemakers. I was not a big fan, they were rather loud and annoying. We all rang in the New Year(after I had a quick nap around 10:15 or so).

And then we went home and went to bed.



Next day, Sunday and new church time. 1:00, not sure how I feel about that. Regardless, this little guy is a new sunbeam. Like his smile, we took about 20 pictures and believe it or not this is the best we got. He is really photogenic. He actually did quite well going to sunbeams, I only talked about it with him until I was blue in the face. Ya know just trying to get him prepped and all. And I was pleasantly surprised at his behavior, I walked him on in there. He gave me a quick kiss and hug and that was that. Don't know if I will always be so lucky, but I will take that for the first week.


Next day, Monday. Final day of play. And boy was this kid excited. Okay, no he wasn't...he just liked the goofy voice I was talking in.


We met up with the Cano's and went to breakfast. Breakfast is my most favorite meal to go out to eat. I love it.


Teri Jr here. Linc and I are cold blooded little creatures. We are always cold. Poor kid was just shivering in the restaurant. I was cold too, but being a mom and all I was more concerned for his comfort over my own, so I gave him my coat. Here he is all huddled up like an eskimoe. Barely brought his arms out to take a bite.


After breakfast, Thiago and his dad took the boys to Union Station to check out the trains while I met up with these ladies to see "New Years Eve". I know it got terrible reviews, but we loved it. Just a fun show.

Later that night, Thiago and I went and saw "Sherlock Holmes". I know, I am a nerd. 2 movies in 1 day. 3 movies in 1 weekend. Big nerd. Whatever, I did it anyways...and totally enjoyed it.

After that movie, Thiago and Cars headed to the Jazz game while me and the babes headed on home.

Good day.

And now, we are back to reality. Sent my big boys off into the mean ol' world again. Thiago headed back to work today and Cars headed back to school. As for me and Linc, well we are whipping this house back into shape.

Things are pretty ugly right now. But before they can get pretty again, they gotta get ugly. We are right smack in the middle of taking down Christmas, redecorating, deep cleaning, major toy cleanout and reorganization. Oh my heavens...its a job, but somebody's got to do it.

Wish me luck friends...tomorrow is day 2 of my massive clean out, better get some sleep.

3 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

So annoying I just left this big long comment and my computer keeps erasing it! I am going to kill this thing.

Well the condensed version is I have only been at it one day of big clean out and I already hate it. Why does everything take so long when K is around, good heavens that girl!

You cute mommy let the boys stay up until midnight I put mine to bed at 9 so I could watch a movie. Then I took a nap just like you while Eric through pillows at me to wake me up!

The Martin's said...

That sounds like heaven having a whole week off with your honey! Glad you made the most of it! And your little Lincoln sounds just like my Jake. Whenever I read about his antics I laugh because Jake has just done the same thing. They need to get together :)

Genn said...

Oh I hear ya on the massive clean out mode! I've put Christmas away long ago and I am still in that mode! Only now i want to rip out floors, and repaint every wall, and tear off the kitchen countertops... you know, major clean out mode. Or is that redecorate mode? ha.

Looks like you guys have been enjoying yourselves. Good for you.
I want to see that NYE movie too.