Day 3....4th of July. You can bet I still dressed the boys up in a little red, white, and blue. Couldn't help myself, you know me and holidays. I did save their cutest stuff for when we got home, but still had to show our patriotism.
Headed through Yellowstone Park this day. I am not going to lie...it was a long drive. Picture this...Thiago, my dad and me packed in the front seat of his truck (which is huge and brand new by the way). Lincoln, Carson and Brev packed in the back. Carson asking every 2 minutes where we are going and how come all we ever do is drive...and then this "ahhhhhh" at that top of his little lungs every 1 minute. Yeah, that would be Lincoln, he would just like to remind us that he is still there and still not happy about being in his carseat. Between the kids, and listening to my dad go on and on about how many miles this was putting on his brand new truck and freaking out that the kids were getting dirt on the back of his new seats. Well, it was a long, tedious drive....none the less, Yellowstone was beautiful. And Theo and I had a grand time playing the "movie game".
We headed through one of the loops (not sure which one), all I know is there was the most beautiful and frightening waterfall I had ever seen. Little bit of a hike to get to, which was interesting with two kids....but so worth it. These pictures don't do it justice.
Yeah, it was amazing...needless to say I was holding on to my kids pretty dang tight.
This picture absolutely kills me...kills me. Carson was sitting on this rock, and Thiago set Lincoln down next to him. I started to just take a picture of their little heads and next thing I know, Lincoln has his little arm around his big brother. I still can't get over the emotions of this picture, I love my boys...years from now I know I will absolutely treasure this little captured moment.
Family shot in front of the falls...
That night "The Hungry Bear" which is a little convenience/grocery store right by our cabin put on a little firework display. Only there was nothing little about it. It lasted for 48 minutes and was pretty dang cool. Go figure. Eventful night, Thiago may or may not have gotten into a small argument with a few locals over parking. I was dying...oh my heck. Thank goodness my uncle was there to smooth things over, it was pretty interesting.
Goodness, those bears were hungry. Ha-ha...that one's for you Jo!!
Next day headed up to the top of Sawtell Peak to see the view. IT WAS COLD...yes, siree. Our teeth were a rattling...doesn't stop this little explorer though.
I don't think Carson even felt the cold....ah, to be a kid again.
Here is all of us wimpies...forget the views, we stayed bundled in this little cove trying to keep warm.
Family shot as we got closer to ground.
Headed back into town for some lunch, my little goofballs being exactly that.
Next up was the bear and wolf exhibit. Kinda like a little zoo with bears and wolves.
Lincoln felt right at home, among the other untamed animals.
Little 4th of July parade...and I do mean little. Basically cars throwing candy. Carson loaded up, my little daredevil was out there dodging horses trying to get to the good stuff. What a kid.
Smores back at the cabin..yummy!!
And a little "pop-its" and sparklers fun for the kids. Carson went on to show everyone how it doesn't hurt to pop "pop-its" in between your fingers. There is my 5 year old, the smallest of them all, standing in a big circle, showing the older kids how to do it. I swear I love this kid, where does he come from??
Time to pack up and head home...thanks again family for the most wonderful time. I love you all so much and am so grateful for the closeness of our family. Sad that it is all over with for another year, but full of many great memories with you all and can't wait til next year.
7 comments:
So you'll probably think I'm weird but after running into you guys at the aquatic center and then I was being a total blog spy and saw your name pop up on someone else's I had to take a peek :) So, anyways we were totally at the Hungry Bear fireworks too! (my fam has a cabin and we go up every 4th) that was seriously the longest fireworks show I've ever been to! The kids loved it. I'm surprised we didn't see you there. Anyways, your kids are darling and Lincoln sounds like he keeps you on your toes! I hope you don't mind me stopping by to read your blog once in awhile! Feel free to visit mine!
Love round 2...you crack me up about how you word things. I can totally hear your voice as I'm reading along. Great pictures and fun hearing about the trip.
Fun pictures and trip. I'm glad you are home and everything went well at girl's camp and Island park. I'm excited to hear all the details on Saturday.
I love Island park, what a fun trip you must have had. You got some really fun pictures!
Oh Ter I feel for ya have to riding in dad's truck, I can only imagine how obnoxious that would have been. So funny about Theo getting in a little brawl, poor guy must have still been devestated about Brazil losing. Can't wait to see you tonight, hooray for girls night!
Love love love all your pictures. My mom and I were commenting on how nice your camera is and how clear all your photos are. Just love them. Your dad is a goof you know that. We had such a good time at the cabin didn't we? I love that vacation it is like a countdown every year from the minute it is scheduled. So glad we were all together. Your the best and so is your darling little family. Love you guys so much. You mean the world to us. I am so thankful we have this time every year to spend together.
Love love love all your pictures. My mom and I were commenting on how nice your camera is and how clear all your photos are. Just love them. Your dad is a goof you know that. We had such a good time at the cabin didn't we? I love that vacation it is like a countdown every year from the minute it is scheduled. So glad we were all together. Your the best and so is your darling little family. Love you guys so much. You mean the world to us. I am so thankful we have this time every year to spend together.
Post a Comment