Monday, July 26, 2010

Pioneer Day


Love the 24th of July...almost as much as the 4th. Lucky Utah, two great holidays in one month. We had the hardest time deciding what to do with ourselves though. We talked about going to Lagoon, but it sounded so hot and crowded we decided against it. We finally thought it would be fun to head up to Logan with Jen and go to Willow Park's little festivities. Started out at the parade. My kind of parade, didn't start till 12:00 so I didn't have to wake up at the crack of dawn to be there in time. We sat in complete shade and the kids behaved perfectly. It was very enjoyable as far as parades go.


Theo was a very good sport throughout the day, this is not his most favorite thing to do. However, funny how your idea of fun changes once kids come along.


Cars takes his parades seriously...this kid loaded up on the candy. Of course, his favorite was "the beautiful girls"...all decked out in their royalty on the sparkly floats. Figures.


Lincoln of course kept wishing he was part of the parade. I feel bad trapping him in his stroller, but he kept wandering out their amongst the horses, and cars, and floats...dang kid.




Loading up on that candy....the funny thing is Carson hates candy and didn't eat a single piece of it.


Headed over to the park for some lunch.


Then to the outrageously expensive bounce houses...they got like 3 turns each and that was it.


They did however have some free activities going on that we made sure to participate in.




Slap bracelets....


face painting...for some reason Carson really wanted this boat.


and of course a treat on the way out.


We went to Jen's house for a BBQ and fireworks. Carson and Lance spent a good chunk of their evening playing in this box.


Yeah, we started our fireworks before it was even dark outside. Don't judge us, we have 7 kids under the age of 5 and a long drive home. Kids still loved it.





Don't look to closely at Lincoln's face....he was covered in dirt. So gross, he has never needed a bath so badly in his life.


He loved every second of it though (if you can't tell by that big ol' smile.)


Example of a true friend. Carson LOVES fireworks, however Lance does not. He is terrified. So what does sweet Carson do, watches them from the upstairs window with his BFF. Adorable.




It was such a fun day, things can get so chaotic with all those little kids but we wouldn't have it any other way. I feel so blessed to have the family that I do, we just have the best time together. They make every holiday and special occasion so enjoyable and I loved every second of it. Thanks Jen for inviting us!!

6 comments:

TW said...

Holidays...nothing better. I so love the pictures of Lincoln with his great big smiles...looks like he is having the time of his life. Glad you all had a great day and survived it all.

Clemments Family said...

Oh I love the picture of Lincoln laughing and clapping, also the one of Carson and Lance up in the window. Priceless! I love the 24th too. I love Holidays!

Souli & Ashley said...

I hate to say this but I want you camera such darling pictures. I'm sad I missed part of the day. But for what I was there it was great. Love all you guys.

Tiff and Chris said...

I love July-the holidays are great! That is one thing I miss about Utah. You look so great too! P.S. I finally posted some pictures of my house!

Eric and Jenny said...

That little Cars he was such a sweetie to keep Lance company up in his room. I am so glad you guys came up and spent the day with us, wouldn't have been the same if you had gone to Lagoon.

Rob and Bri said...

That looks like so much fun! That is what it's all about. Those are the days that are the most fun..when you're surrounded by family. I honestly don't think we did a thing for Pioneer Day so shame on us ;)