Friday, July 30, 2010

July Wrapup

I'm sad...wait so long for summer to get here and already it is August. How did that happen? We have been busy little bees (as Carson would say) but the good kind of busy. The fun kind of busy...it seems like our August has a little bit more of necessary but boring events...you know doctor, dentist appointments, temple recommend renewals, a couple of back to school events that kind of thing. However, we will try and make the most of this next month, cause before we know it we will be saying hello to September.

Just a couple of random pictures..not exciting enough for their own post...but they are definitely keepers and worth sharing.




Little Miss Katelynn's baby blessing...oohhh, I love those cheeks and those trademark Smith family blue eyes.




Weber State fireworks with my two little piggies. Stood up from that chair and I was seriously covered in Pringles crumbs. How fun.


Yep, we bought ANOTHER sword. Honestly, it is just not worth listening to him go on and on and on and on. Get the idea.


Lots of outside playing. Got myself a little helper, to bad all that little helper likes to do is whack my pots with that watering can just as hard as he can. Pure boy.



This little monkey is way to busy with his bike, scooter, car, 4-wheeler...no time for watering flowers.


This one just makes me laugh. After the boys bath one night, I made a batch of brownies. They seriously stood at this oven for like 20 minutes watching them bake. A little excited....yeah, I think so.



In between all of this playing...we have been doing a little work. I have been trying to finish up my spring/summer cleaning. I brought up the kids kitchen from the playroom downstairs and this is how I found them for the next couple of hours. Love when they play together, warms my heart.




More fireworks with family...oh yeah, and a box of Cheez-its!


Was downstairs doing some laundry the other day and realized Lincoln was being a little to quiet upstairs. Went up to see he had climbed all the way up on our table (where our candy dish is) and helped himself to not just one but two suckers. Pure victory...didn't have the heart to take them away.



And last but not least...Ash's birthday dinner at Tepanyaki. Yum!!

Thats us for another month....happy August all!

7 comments:

The Mashy Family said...

Fun summer time memories. Love the extra pictures especially the one of you and Katelynn. You look so cute. Hope August is good to you to except that means back to school for us!!! I hate August!

Clemments Family said...

The picture of Carson and Lincoln at the stove is priceless, I love it! I have never been to tepanyaki (SP?), but I want to go there so bad. Love all the pics, cannot believe August is here.

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

I completely agree about summer flying by way too fast!! I don't want it to be August already!!!! Well, it's here so I guess I should make the best of it! Looks like you have had a great summer and have been very busy!!!

Souli & Ashley said...

Cute post. Fun crazy month. All that I was their for was so much fun. I love you guys and love that we are so close.

Eric and Jenny said...

Um...excuse me Katelynn's blessing was most certainly important enough for it's own post! Kidding, kidding.

Plain Jame said...

You guys look wonderful and happy. AND when did lincoln just grow up too big for his britches??? what a little man!

TW said...

Goodbye July...hello August and here's wishing you a fun filled month. I do love keeping up on your comings and goings!!! Have a great day.