Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Our Drake




Look at my sweet boy...had my targeted ultrasound today. I think all went well, she didn't tell me otherwise. It is just a tech, so they don't really say much. However, she kept commenting that things looked perfect, so I guess I'll go with that. He weighs 1 pound 1 ounce so far, and I swear to you he was the most delightful little sight I have ever seen. I have actually never cried in an ultrasound before, with either of Carson or Lincoln. But as soon as she turned on the 4-D feature, I could not stop wiping my eyes. It was just amazing. There was my little bug all curled up, the entire time we were watching him he stayed in this position....with his little arm right up next to his mouth. I watched his little lips open and close and a little twitch here and there. He looked so absolutely snug and content, it just melted my heart to see him that way. It is just so funny, cause my stomache keeps on growing, and I feel those little jabs but it really made everything seem so real to watch my boy. To get that little close up of him. I fell in love even deeper, if that is possible. Funny how his arrival is coming at such an unexpected time, he wasn't planned AT ALL...but I can't even believe how much I already love him, how it seems absolutely perfect to be welcoming him into our lives. I am counting my blessings every single day for this little guy, and I just can't wait to see him for real. To cuddle that tiny little body, and kiss those silky soft cheeks, drink in that delicious newborn smell. I can't wait.


Carson cannot stop studying the new pictures of his baby brother...all I can say is my littles are dang lucky to have this kid for a big brother. He loves his Lincoln and Drake like you wouldn't believe.


Yep, this is Lincoln's reaction....he studied it for a minute...yelled out "baby" and then crumpled it up. Don't worry he was holding one of my least favorite pictures (one of his spine.)


My three boys...still can't believe how lucky I am to say that.


And last but not least me and Drakey at 24 weeks. Getting big...uh, yeah!!!

11 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Getting big whatever! How is that size 3 treating you, I thought I didn't like you before, now I know i DON'T!

I adore that picture of Cars oh my that melts my heart and Lincoln I laughed out loud on that one. Those boys what will our Drake be like, you definitely have two opposite ends of the spectrum there with those two.

Ter the pictures are beautiful, you are beautiful, your family is beautiful, how I can't wait for this wonderful new little addition. LOVE YOU!

Ashley and Devan said...

You are so cute.. you FINALLY look pregnant. You look awesome for being 24 weeks.
I love the target ultrasound. Technology is so amazing. The pictures you put up are awesome. I love reading your blog because I would love to have another baby right now, but the timing for us is not right. It's fun to see you moving on to three and read about your pregnancy.

Nick and Kandi said...

I love the pics of Drake. How exciting! And you are NOT getting big! You're so skinny still that it makes me sick! LOL!

Candace said...

I love the 4D ultra sounds. He looks like another cutie! And you look GREAT! Three boys...how exciting, love it!

Aleese and Scott said...

He looks absolutely precious!! You don't have much longer how exciting! Also you look amazing!

TW said...

Yeah, that's the fist ultrasound I have ever been able to make anything out...he looks adorable. I am so happy!!!

Now, on to those two little boys...Carson, you are a delight to us all. We could all learn a thing or two from you. Lincoln, we probably all wish we could be more like you, carefree, anything goes, mischievous, funny...hey wait a minute sounds like someone I know.

Love the pictures...each tells their own story. Love you.

The Carnahan's said...

Drake looks so cute in those 4D pics! That was my favorite ultrasound! 3 boys will be so much fun, I can't wait to see pics of him when he comes out!

Taylor's mom said...

WOW! What great shots of the baby! Ours never turned out that good! I love it! Congrats! You look fabulous!

The Mashy Family said...

Oh darling. I love love the look on your two boys faces as they are looking at the pictures. So both of their personalities!! Those picutures are amazing. They are like some of the clearest ones I have ever seen. I am very impressed. It really makes you wonder how people can still terminate a baby at that age looking at those kind of pictures. That is a real live human in there. Oh that makes me angry thinking about that. Congratulations even though I know this was unexpected. You look glowing.

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

Ha! I love Jenn's comment!!! Hahah, that made me laugh! How fun and exciting this new little one growing your growing (little) belly. Those 4-D pictures are incredible. It's so hard believe how far technology has come. I wonder what it was like back in the days where women didn't know anything about their child until they were born. Back before there were ultrasounds and things like that.

I love the photo of Lincoln's thoughts and face as he's looking at the photo. From the way you describe him he seems like such a funny little guy with a personality all of his own :)

I'm excited for ya!

Nick and Stacey said...

Yeah! I am glad your ultrasound went good, I know you were nervous! I dont even want to hear about looking big.....you look fabulous! Those ultrasounds are amazing, to see what that little guy will look like! Crazy! I could not be more excited for you!