She made us dinner...which is always my favorite part. She is the worlds best cook, I love my own moms cooking, but sorry Maria has got her beat. She is the best.
the boys wrestled...
and wrestled...
and wrestled....
then stopped for a love.
They went from this (grimy little greaseballs)
to all scrubbed up..
and turned into my nice, clean, little boys. They love baths at Vovo's...she brings out all kinds of toys. Mom is much meaner at home.
We snuggled them up, got them all settled with juice and popcorn, and turned on Toy Story 2. They watched that, while me, Maria, Rosemary and her friend watched a chick flick (with hot chocolate, might I add).
We all then went on to a glorious good nights rest...with no boogey men, no kidnappers, no weird noises. Nope we were safe and sound and headed home the next day.
I couldn't help but notice this little sign hanging in my mother-in-laws home. "Love makes a house a home". Truer words never hung on a wall before. No matter what they have been through, the trials they have been faced with, the heartache they endure...you would never know it. They are the happiest people and they are absolutely filled with love, love for life and most of all, love for their family. There is nothing they wouldn't do for us, they love my boys more than anything. They are so good to them and to us. I am so grateful for their Christlike love and example they are to me. I don't know what we would do without them. Thank-you for having us, and always making us feel so welcome and loved. Love all of you and am so grateful to be a part of your family!
8 comments:
Looks like you had such a great night! I wish we had gma and gpa close, nights alone are part of my life and I still hate it! I agree Thiago's parents are amazing people you are very lucky to have them as your in-laws!
Nothing is sweeter than the love between children and their grandparents...and those two boys are blessed to have two of the best. We should all be so lucky.
Loved, loved those fighting pictures...wished I were there to enjoy.
Oops...you do know who it really is, right...who else would love to see a good fight. Love you
What did Maria make for dinner, I have not eaten her delecious food for so long now, next time I am up that way I need to invite myself over for dinner. Their new house looks darling from what I can see. I am so happy you have them, I have to say I don't know that I would ever go to the Smith's for a sleepover without Eric. Well what am I saying I did it all last year, but that was more out of necissity and not my own joy.
What a fun sleepover! With great food and all, how nice!
I love that saying on the wall too. Isn't that so true. I love when I meet people who have overcome many things but they are so positive and thanful for where they are now.
I love the description you gave how how scared you get when you and the boys are alone, it was such a great visual! I'm glad you didn't have to be alone and could sleepover at Vovo's (?) The boys looked like they had a great time!
I am glad I am not the only grown women that doesn't like to be alone in a house by myself. You are so lucky to have such wonderful in-laws, I am super jealous!
Thank you my sweet girl for choose to come to our home we love you and
is so much fun to have you over with the boys day or night.
We enjoy every minute that we spend with you guys, and those two boys what a cute blessed little people they are. You made our night so special choosing to be here.
And Jenny you are welcome anytime for dinner, Ash is part of us alread
just come.
Love you guys
Vovo
Post a Comment