All done...the first few weeks of January are kinda exhausting. First off, got all my Christmas put away. Its a big job. I store all the totes in my basement, so as I am putting away I always have to reorganize down there. Then I have to deep clean my house as I redecorate....those little green needles get everywhere. Then last but not least get out all my Valentine decorations. Yep, my Valentines is already out. I kinda jump the gun on holidays.
Then we move on to the toy organization. All those new toys always requires a major organize, clean, and throw-out of the old stuff.
I keep the kids favorite things in their bedroom, then our downstairs family room, and the least played with stuff in their playroom in our unfinished part of the house. Which means I have to reorganize all three of those areas. It was exhausting, but made me very happy in the end. I take great satisfaction in that kind of thing.
It always seems a bit overwhelming after Christmas, thinking of all I have to do. However, when it is all done I always feel so proud of myself. Everything feels so clean, fresh, and organized.
With the Christmas money I got I went and bought myself a few new decorations...however my most favorite new item is this little beauty. This is the temple picture my mom gave me for Christmas. It is the Bountiful temple (where we got married) and I absolutely love it. Everytime I walk downstairs it is the first thing I see and it always makes me smile.
Now moving on to the boys favorite Christmas items..
Their new train table. It is the first thing they run to each morning. However if left unsupervised for too long with it, Lincoln can wreck some serious havoc. He enjoys pulling the tracks apart and seeing how messed up he can make it. Boy does that make Carson mad...and me. It is hard to get back together.
And of course the chuggers. We don't leave the house without Wilson and the rest of the gang. Carson keeps talking me into buying him more. His uncle Gus and aunt Shalae even bought him another one. Frostini for Cars and Harrison for Lincoln.
The pillow pets...the boys love snuggling up to their little friends each night.
Lincoln's giant choo-choo. It comes with tracks and all but they cause too much drama. Lincoln rips those apart as well, so its just easier to keep them put away and give him just the trains.
And last but not least, the beloved handy crane. The single most important thing on Carson's Christmas list this year. And yes, it is all it was cracked up to be. He loves this thing. Nevermind, that it is bigger than he is. I think that is what he loves most about it. What a funny toy, to each their own I guess.
Alright, thats it from me for now. More poor little tired brain is having trouble getting the words out for this post. Sorry if its lame and I am rambling. I'm off.
5 comments:
So Lance would now like Chuggers or whatever they are called now too. He told me "Carson gets a new one every few days, Teri takes him to the store and he just brings one home". NIce......thanks for that.
Isn't it crazy how many toys your kids end up with? I LOVE organizing as well, it is time consuming but I agree with you I feel so much better once it's done!
Well somehow mykid new your kid had Chuggers too. He has all of a sudden started watching the show and wanting this stuff the past week. Did they discuss this at some time? Hope you and baby are doing great!!! Love ya and hope to see you all this weekend. Oh PS can you come and overhaul my entire house like that please. I can't wait to deep clean in the spring. I hope that it does not gross me out before then.
The handy crane that thing shocked me. I didn't realize it was so large. So funny. I love reorganizing. I weird hobby of ours right. Looks beautiful as always. You amaze me Ter all that you do. Your kids are so lucky. Baby Drake is coming to a good one. Meaning you.
You have SUCH a beautiful home! I can't wait to someday have a home to decorate and create memories in :) Even though the holidays were awesome and we loved every minute of it, I am so glad to be "back to normal". I took mine down faster than I've ever done before.. and when I was all finished - I loved seeing everything how it should be - so clean and crisp. Now if only I could keep it clean! Job well done to you friend!
Post a Comment