Days have no choice about being good, when they start out with these three little faces. Three brothers all snuggled in my bed, what a sweet sight to get ready to.
First off, we had to take Drake to the doctors office to get his circumcision checked. My pediatrician doesn't come to Ogden Regional so why we were at the hospital Drake was just seen by the on call doctor. So we wanted to get him into his real pediatrician. When we left the hospital they said his billirubin was just fine, however once we got home I thought he looked a little yellow. So I wanted that checked too. I was right. His levels were at 17.2 on Friday, we had to take him in Saturday to have them checked again. If they went up he would have to get the billibed like Lincoln had. Luckily, they were going down on their own. Yay, for that.
Me and my best three little birthday presents.
Once we got home, my sweet little momma....
brought me some lunch and doughnuts. Yum.
Ash and the kids came over, and then this cute little twinner of mine (happy birthday to Jen too)
My sisters brought me these flowers for the baby and my birthday. So very sweet of them.
The kids all played....
while the ladies took turns snuggling up this cute little face.
My ward brought us dinner that night, but we needed some type of treat for my birthday. Had to be something quick, where we could grab it and go. So I chose Menchies...my most favorite frozen yogurt.
All Lincoln ate was a bowl full of strawberries.
When we got home Thiago gave me my present. A kindle. YAY!!!! I heard about this from my cousin and have wanted one ever since. I am sure most of you know what this is. For those that don't. It is a tiny little electronic thing, super skinny and light and you can purchase any book they sell on Amazon for like a third of the regular price. You download it onto your Kindle and read away. It is like a book version of an Ipod. It holds up to 3500 books. It is so super cool, and I love it. Thanks so much honey, you know me well.
Every night after Lincoln is asleep, Carson lays in my bed and watches one episode of Chuggington while I take a shower. Drake is always awake at this time, so the two of them sit there together. It is about the most precious thing ever. Drake loves his older brother.
And onto the bad. While this is adorable picture of Drake. It is not so cute of me. I look like death, and there is a reason for that.
Let me set this up for you. Had Drake on Monday, deal with the aftermath of that all day Tuesday. You know just the normal, not to bad. I had an episiotomy so in order to make going to the bathroom easier they told me to take milk of magnesia. Don't ever take this. I was cramping and in the bathroom ALL day Wednesday. All day. Then you have the joy of breastfeeding, he is a champ eater. However, it takes some getting used to for your body. A certain area is blistered and bleeding. Feels like needles every time he starts to suck. So my body was feeling a little tired after all this.
Now I have had a lovely cough for about 4 weeks now. I had it going into the hospital. When you check in they ask if you are feeling any flu like symptoms, I said no, just a cold. No big deal they said. Ok. Over the past few days, my cough has gotten nastier and nastier. Really deep and lots of mucussy crap. Thursday I am coughing like crazy and I start to get the aches and chills and hot flashes. My milk came in the day before so I blamed it on that. I used to get that way with Lincoln when he went to long without eating. Thought it was the same thing. Friday, my birthday I was even worse. Felt like the flu. Friday night I start to get this crazy pain throughout my whole chest. Felt like my lungs, ribs and all that were on fire. Didn't sleep that whole night. My whole left side ached everytime I breathed in. I still told myself well I must have been coughing so much that now they just ache. Woke up Saturday morning still coughing, only now I am crying as well cause my chest hurts so bad. Tried to spit out some of the mucus, and noticed it was red tinted. Uh, not good. Started freaking. Thiago took me to Instacare.
Diagnosis....pneumonia. Full blown. Had a chest X-ray and there is so much gunk down in my lungs. She asked why it took me so long to come in. I don't know really. With all the baby business, I just didn't really think much about my cough. That was a mistake I guess. So yeah, its been fun. Now I know why I had such a hard time during delivery. Felt like I could never catch my breath, that explains my blood pressure dropping, the light headness. I felt so guilty cause that happening to me, was what caused Drake to struggle. Who knew. I am just happy that it worked out the way it did, we were very blessed that is for sure.
Feeling much better today, thanks to antibiotics. Hopefully it clears itself up soon. Anyways, so like I said this week was filled with a whole lot of good and just a tiny bit of bad.
16 comments:
You know when you just write it all out like that I just want to cry for you and honestly I did a bit my sister. After a baby is just so gosh darn awful anyway to add all that on top of it, and well my heart just breaks for you. How I wish at times like this I was closer than an hour away, I want to be there so badly I just ache. What day can I come up this week, honestly, drop the kids off to Elaine and scrub away that little house of yours. I love you so, happy birthday again, just remember it's only one year next year will be the best yet and after all you did get the best present. Little Drake is worth all the bad.
Hey guess what my verfication word is coughtic, funny huh, cough ironic!
Holy cow, that was some post. I really liked the good, and then the little bit of bad made me really sad for you :( Holy cow, the whole aftermath for you sounded like some experience. I'm sorry - I hope you get feeling better!
I love the pictures of Drake - he is one handsome little dude, and looks just like his brothers!
Happy birthday to you and Jenny, you both are just beautiful sisters!!
I can't believe you delieverd Drake being so sick.. you are one strong woman. I am so glad to hear that you are starting to feel better.
Your 3 boys are darling in that first picture. Carson and Lincoln look elated to have baby Drake! So cute!
I was on the phone with Stacey last night and she told me about that. I am so sorry. I hope it's just all better from here on out. I know how not fun it is to have a newborn and be feeling awful!
You poor thing-I'm glad everything and everyone is starting to feel better. I can't imagine going through all of that-what a tropper you are!
I don't think there is ever an unpleasant picture of you! It was nice chatting with you. Drake is super cute...but of course look at you and Thiago!!! I wish that when Tyler and I have kids we can be half the parents you are. You are a natural!
You are superwomen! Hope you feel better soon!
That is horrible!! It is hard enough recovering from having a baby let alone being so sick! That is awful! I am glad you are feeling better!
Also Happy birthday, and I LOVE the pictures your boys are adorable!
Oh Teri you poor thing! That is not fun at all. Sounds like you are handling it all like such a trooper!
I hope those antibiotics start helping you out right away. As if you weren't busy enough with a newborn right. Take it easy my friend!! Happy Late Birthday! I want a kindle too. I bet you will love it. When you have some time to read that is. :)
Rest up Teri!
oh my gosh teri, i'm so sorry! you poor thing. i couldn't have handled ONE more thing after i had Breymen. I barely handled all the fun from after giving birth. Get better you poor girl. i'm sorry.
p.s. Drake is a doll
Oh my! I'm so sorry. Its so hard to deal with the emotions of having a baby let alone being sick and a birthday all in the same week. I'm sooo sorry!! But! On a good note you will LOVE your kindle!! I got one with my Christmas money and I LOVE IT!! It is the coolest! Happy Birthday!!
Oh Teri, my friend. I am so sorry, I heard on FB from Thiago and my heart sunk. So glad that Drake is here safe and sound and that you are on the mend to getting better. Take it easy! Let people do everything for you. Happy Birthday to you and Jenny! Sorry you had to spend it sick.
I'd say a little good a little bad. That was a weird day. I'm so glad you are feeling better. I've never seen you like that before. I'm glad I was able to be there for you. I hope you had somewhat of a good birthday. All those baby emotions. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. I love you and I'm always here for you.
Happy Birthday to you!!! so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Having a baby is so hard and coming home and adjusting plus being sick is just wonderful isn't it. Baby Drake makes my day each day as I look up your blog to see any new photos of him. Love you guys.
Congratulations and Happy Birthday Teri! Drake is such a cute baby doll! He's so little, I want to cuddle up to him too! Sounds like a rough week! I hope you start feeling better, that sounds awful! I can't imagine having a baby and being sick all in the same week, your a trooper, I don't think I would have done very well! Glad your on medication!
Oh girl you KNOW that I feel for you. So much. I'm so happy that your boy is here, and that he is such a sweetie. I know everyone says this, but he totally looks like linc. Ok, moving on - menchies I love too. It's amazing. Next - the pneumonia - what the heck is it about getting it right after having the third baby? I got it 3 times in one year. Awful - just awful.
Finally - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'm so happy for you that you have your family around. I miss my family so much. Turning 30 isn't so bad. I am actually kinda dreading my upcoming birthday because it does sound worse to me. There is just something about 33. You are still sooooo young! I am now starting to notice my aging and my years and it is a little depressing.
Oh well, I hope you're on the mend now, and feeling much better. Lots of love!
Post a Comment