Well, my boy...this is it. Our final night together. I can't believe tomorrow is the day I get to meet you. I am not going to lie, I am a tiny bit nervous. Not just for the actual event, but for everything. 3 kids...my goodness, do you think I am up for it. I am sure you do, and I promise you I will be. It might take a little adjustment, but I'll get there.
While I am nervous, I am mostly just excited. I can't wait to see your little face, what do you look like?? Are you going to look more like me or more like your dad. I hope you look like your dad. Your brothers both look alot like me, my coloring, my small genes....I would love to have one of you look just like your dad. He's handsome, trust me.
Don't you worry if the first time we see each other, I am crying. They are happy tears, grateful tears, tears only a mother could cry. I can't wait for that moment that they first place you in my arms. It is the most incredible moment, and one I have dreamed about for the past 9 months. While we are seeing each other for the first time, it still feels familiar. Like we are being reunited. Like you were made for my arms. They are ready to welcome you my boy.
Let me just tell you a couple of things. First of all, you are one lucky kid to be the baby brother of Carson and Lincoln. They both love you so much, and are so excited for you.
Carson will be the ideal older brother. He can't stop talking about you, can't wait to see you. He will be such an example for you. Always look to him, follow his lead, let him teach you. I promise you he will always be your biggest support, he will always be there to defend you. He has a heart of gold and he loves deep.
Don't you worry if Lincoln is a little hesitant at first. He will come around. Remember, he has been my baby for the past 2 years and I am afraid he will have a hard time letting go. But he will. The age difference between you two is so small, that in no time he will be your best friend. He is full of life and personality. He will always make you smile and laugh. He has got some serious spunk and heaven help someone if they mess with you . They will have the wrath of Lincoln to deal with.
I hope you always are mindful of how blessed you are to have brothers. I truly think it is the greatest gift I will ever be able to give you three. The gift of each other. Trust me when I tell you they will be your best friends. Always remember how lucky you are to have them. Follow them, learn from them and always know how much they love you.
You are so blessed to be coming to an extended family that loves you so much. So many thoughts and prayers are with you and I tomorrow. So many people waiting to hear on your arrival. Your aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and many, many more.
Your dad is nervous, he always gets this way. He worries about you and I, and that is because he loves us so much. You are getting the absolute best dad. Just ask your brothers. He loves you boys with his whole heart and can't believe he has 3 little sons. You guys make him so proud. Get ready for lots of laughs, lots of wrestling and goofing and lots and lots of kisses. Your dad is great at all of this.
And as for me, well I can't even begin to tell you how full my heart is. How ready I am to welcome you into this wolrd. I know I will make mistakes, I do all the time. But I can promise you this. You are my whole world, you and your brothers. You are what makes my heart beat. You guys are my greatest accomplishments, the three things I am most proud of. I promise to love you with my whole heart, I promise to always be here. No matter where life takes you, no matter what roads you may wander down...I am always by your side. There is nothing that will break the bond between us. Always know how loved you are and how grateful I am to be your mom.
So my little one, lets enjoy this last night together. Tomorrow, everything will change for you and I. You might be a little scared and overwhelmed at first, but look for me. You will find me, and you will be just fine. Listen for my voice, you will know it. You will recognize my touch and you will know that all is well. Have a safe and sound arrival, remember all the prayers that are with you.
See you soon my love.
Your mom.
10 comments:
Allright this is the worst yet, you get me crying a lot of times, but this really is a joke. I had to recover a good five minutes just so I could see to type.
Little Drake I will add my two cents in to this family you are coming to.
Your dad has a heart of gold, he is kind, loving, and good to everbody he knows. The kind of person that just makes you feel good about yourself and loved, he will be a wonderful dad.
Carson boy may look like your mommy but his temperament is all his daddy. Good to the core, tender hearted, and boy he can make me laugh.
Lincoln Stinkin holds a special place in my heart, he just exuberates joy. He is happy, full of life, adventure and fun. He will lead you into a lot of trouble I am sure, but man what a way to go you will have the time of your life.
Last your mommy, she is my other half, my twin I love her to pieces. I promise you this, there is nobody I would rather have on my side than your mommy. She is fierce and feisty and takes care of those she loves. She loves with her whole heart and soul.
Cano family I love you so much, I know you know this, but I just wanted to remind you all how special you truly are. How grateful I am to have you in my life and the privlege of loving you.
Ter I am counting the hours down, just do me a little favor hold that little fella in until his aunty gets there. If I miss his big debut, well I just better not!
Okay now its my turn. First off, if only I could put things into words like that. I feel all those things just can't say them like that. That was the most beautiful thing I've ever read. Its like reading words of an angel. You are a beautiful mothers. Your words you love you have for your children. I know it will be an adjustment but I know you and you will bounce back so fast. There is so many things about the way you are as a family and a mother that I'm so jeolous of.
My little Drake you auntie already loves you like my own. You are precious I will miss feeling you kick in you mommies belly. All I know is you are coming to a great family. Know how blessed you are.
You daddy he is basically my brother. I know him inside and out. He is the best daddy ever. And love you boys more then even I think he knows. You truly are his entire world.
Carson is the best big brother of all time. I can't think of a few times where only my Carsy boy can make me feel better. If you feel sad lean to him. He will pull you back up. Know you are loved by him.
Lincoln he will be distant at times, but will get you with how mischievous he is. He is one of a kind. Though he may be a stinker. He is also alot like Carson so sweet and loving. He will always be happy to see you just may have a weird way of showing it. Just ask Elle. She will be you babysitter.
As for your mommy what can I say. She is the closest thing to your grandma as a mom. So with that said. Know she is the best mommy in the whole world. She loves you. I've never met someone so devoted to he kids and her family. She is the person who will keep you strong. I don't think she even knows how wonderful she is or how much I admire the person and mother she is. She has been my strength so many time. You are a lucky baby to belong in her arms.
I love you little Drake. Also stay in that nice warm belly till I get there. I'm excited to see you and I also want you to look like your daddy. He is dark and handsome
Oh shut up I am sobbing along with my mom and sisters you are amazing that was beautiful. Prayers are with you all tomorrow keep us posted I will be watching my phone and the blog all day. Love you guys.
Good luck! I am so excited for you! I hope everything goes well.
Okay, the tears are on full force. Seriously! I agree so much with Jenny and Ashley, this baby will be so blessed. There is nothing better, nothing than the blessing of a newborn baby. I loved this post, it totally hit me. I was thinking back to when I had my babies and how special those days are and always will be. I can't wait to see this baby! Prayers are with you guys today!
You had me crying here too Teri!!
I hope everything goes so smoothly for you today. I can't wait to hear of the good news. Congratulations to you my friend.
How sweet! You can tell that he is so loved already. He's a very lucky little boy. Can't wait to see some photos of him!!! Hope everythings goes/went well.
I'm in tears! Not such a great thing since I'm at work. (Sitting at your Mom's desk, btw. I'm covering at brigham. Ü) I'm so excited for you and a bit jealous. Such a fun time. I hope averything goes well. Can't wait to see baby Drake. I know he'll be adorable!!
Oh goodness Teri, it is not every day someone can bring me to tears. You are an amazing woman. There is no need for you to be nervous about having a 3rd child. You were made to be a mother. You are one of the greatest mothers that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. You have raised 2 wonderful boys. It will be no different with Drake. You will be the one that I look up to when we start our family. Hopefully it will be as easy as you make it look ;)
I am so excited to have a third nephew!! He will be just as adorable as the first 2. We love you guys soooo much. Little Drake is so lucky to have you as a mom and Thiago as a dad. I think I will get you guys a mug that says "World's greatest parents" (only because it's true!) Gus and I are lucky to have you 2 as role models.
I am sure your children know how blessed they are to have you as parents. I know they can feel your love all around them. I see it all the time. We will be praying for you! I have been anxious all day!
See ya soon little Drake. LOVE YOU!
Ok Teri this is the most amazing touching words a mother can read from another mother and you are the most amazing young mother a true Daughter of Heaven, Im so glad to be part a live to see my boys so well taking care, you made me cry and our times are so special.
Like last night when My Reggie, Thiago and Gus given you a blessing I picture in the future you sitting and watch Thiago,Carson,Lincoln and Drake given de same blessing to someone special like you.
I love you dip in my heart I always will, everthing will be ok.
I love you Baby Drake and Welcome to our family.
love
vovo
Post a Comment