Thursday, January 27, 2011

Meet Drake!

GETTING STARTED






Here we go...here is my little bugs birth story. Lots of pictures, but we don't want to forget a thing. Out of my three kids, Drake was the hardest....and the longest. Go figure. We got to the hospital at 7:00 am. I was strep B positive this time (which I have never been) so before they could start me on the pitocin they had to get the antibiotic for Strep B in me. Got that going and had to wait a few hours to make sure it dids it job. Finally started the pitocin around 10:00. Started out slow, but pretty soon things were moving right along. I was dialating pretty good, the contractions were getting strong so on came my epidural. I always kinda get loopy after my epidurals with Carson and Lincoln both. So it was no surprise when I started feeling light headed and weak. Only it was alot worse this time. I felt so tired and like I could barely open my eyes. Right about this time my doctor showed up to break my water. Right after this, I got super out of it. I could hear my doctor and nurse talking back and forth but I couldn't make sense of what they were saying. I could just tell something was wrong. I guess my blood pressure started to go crazy low. In turn Drake's heart rate started to drop. With every contraction I had, his little heart had trouble keeping up. He was also posterior, so in the middle of all this they kept having me get in these crazy positions to get him to turn. So they were unsure if it was the pitocin, or my blood pressure or the weird positions that he wasn't liking.

To be safe they stopped the pitocin, they were afraid it was making things move to fast for him and they left me be on my right side. It was then up to me to progress on my own, no more pitocin. Which made things go much slower. I was having contractions but not as quick as before. They end of labor seemed to drag on, but Drake's heart rate picked right back up and my blood pressure got under control again.

Finally time to push. Drake still posterior. Lots of fun being put in crazy positions and being told to push. I pushed and pushed and pushed while my doctor did everything she could to straighten him out. Finally after about 45 minutes or so, he was good to go. Still a little crooked but enough that we could get him out. So he arrived at 5:53 pm on January 24, 2011. 11 hours after getting started.

ARRIVAL






He cried instantly. Sweetest sound I had ever heard. I was worried about my little monkey. I was sad for all that he had gone through in the last few hours and was so relieved to hear and see him. Those first few moments with him are undescribable. I will never forget them. I will never forget the way that I felt, the spirit that was in that room with me as I welcomed my child. The veil felt very thin to me in that moment.

6 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 inches long. Same size as Lincoln and an ounce smaller than Carson. Right where we had figured.

MOM AND DAD







Thiago cried...just like he always does. He never thinks he is going to, but oh he does. He is such a tender hearted little guy when it comes to his kids. And me, oh I cried and cried and cried. And held him close and kissed him over and over again.

HIS BROTHERS









If you are thinking Carson is in a lot of these and Lincoln is not. Well, you would be correct. Not a whole lot of interest for Lincoln. First thing he did when he walked in the room was yell out in an excited voice "Jenny". Yeah, he didn't care about me or his new baby brother...just Jenny. He took a few looks at him and said "baby brother" and that was it. Then he was off, destroying the hospital room, chowing down on chips and just being his usual crazy self.

Now Carson is a different story, he was mesmorized with his new baby brother. However mostly, he was just stuck to my side. Wouldn't leave his spot next to me on the bed. Had to hold my hand and give me kisses. Kept asking if I was okay, and if daddy was going to take care of me.

HOSPITAL STAY








Lots of sweet visitors and gifts for me and my boy. I am not going to lie I get the baby blues just a touch. I spend alot of my time at the hopital crying. Can't help it. I hate the hospital. I hate the bed, I hate the way you feel after, I hate the food, I get awfully homesick and overwhelmed. It takes me just a few days and I bounce back. Thank goodness it doesn't last for too long like it does for some people. We were more than ready to go home.

READY TO GO






All dressed and ready to go. Drake indeed looks like a little nothing all bundled in his carseat.

HOME AT LAST






And we are home. I am pleased to say that Thiago had to go to his office for a few hours today and I did quite well as a mother of three. Granted Drake slept a lot and my sweet cousin took Lincoln off my hands for a few hours. Still....I did it.

All in all, we are so grateful to have our little monkey here. He is the absolute sweetest little baby. I can already tell what a sweet and quiet little disposition he has. He is an absolute cuddle bug, a champ eater, seems to be so content and alert. I am in love...we all are. More to come, this is just the start of our new little addition.

19 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Well I get to be the first!

I am already feeling sad, that I am not holding that little man right now in my arms, I miss him. I miss the stretches and the coos and the squished up legs. I just saw him this afternoon and the next time just seems to far away. I now it was a long day for you but my goodness thank you for letting me be there. Thanks for letting me feel of his spirit, watching Lincoln and now Drake be born is two of the most greatest moments in my life. It truly is a miracle, he is perfect in every way. Love our little man, give him a kiss from me. And I sure do love his mommy too, happy birthday tommorow my dear sister, I love you.....

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh and one more thing, you look beautiful, how you manage to look stunning while wearing an oxygen thingy, I will never know, but you do it's true.

Ashley and Devan said...

He is such a beautiful baby.. I think he looks a lot like your other two boys. You looked amazing before and after he was born. He is so lucky to come into such a wonderful and loving family.
I delivered Hunter posterior so I feel your pain there. Glad they could get Drake turned a little. Posterior is not fun.

Delahunty Family said...

He is so sweet! Congrats again! Keep the pictures coming, I just love them!

Johnstun Fam said...

Congrats! He is so beautiful! and you look GREAT for being in labor for 11 hours! Good job Mom and congrats on becoming a mommy of three little men!! You guys are great parents!!

Cute Family said...

What a precious baby! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Can we talk about you wearing earings to have a baby?! How cute are you? I did not look cute when I was havinqg Eli, I didn't even look that cute when Blaine was born; and I wasn't the one in labor. Drake is adorable! I'm glad everything worked out. Excited for more picutres of your new sweetheart!

The Mashy Family said...

I love the pictures it was the first thing I did today was check in!!! You look so cute in your family photo at the hospital. Just glowing wiht happiness. Best of luck on the baby blues. That is so dang hard. Can't wait to see him and meet him. Hope you have another great day home today. Love you guys!!! Oh and PS I think he is adorable and may just look a little different than Lincoln!

Tammy said...

It is so fun to see all your cute pictures of Drake. I can't wait to come and see him. I feel so bad that the delivery wasn't the best experience. But so happy all is well. Happy Birthday today. I hope you have a great day!

Shanna said...

TERI!!! i'm so happy you are both doing well! he's such a cute little guy. and you look ridiculously beautiful forgiving birth. some girls have it all.

Rob and Bri said...

Congratulations Canos!! You have another adorable little boy. Your post made me cry. I just love those moments when you first meet your child. So glad everything went well!

Clemments Family said...

He is so precious! This makes me baby hungry! And you look gorgeous. I think the look on Carson's face is priceless, he is such a great big brother. And Lincoln will catch on very quick.

I am sorry you had such a long day, that does suck. I tested positive with Lex for Strep too, but they weren't able to do anything about it and she had to have the antiobiotics, not fun! But you look great and I think he is adorable.

Taylor's mom said...

He's perfect! Congrats and good job mommy! He fits into that cute family just as he should! Take care!

Genn said...

Teri, CONGRATULATIONS!
I am sorry I am just not getting to leave you a comment. It's been a busy few days round here. Which I am sure it has been for you too!

Drake is absolutely precious. I was thinking of you that whole day. I am glad things went well. How scary to be feeling so out of it after your epidural for a while. I am glad everything was okay.

I hope you had a wonderful birthday. What a special gift to receive huh.
Enjoy your newest addition. I hope your the boys are transitioning well to having a new baby brother.

Genn said...

PS- Tell me how is it that you look amazing during labor and immediately after as well? You look great!

Tiff and Chris said...

Yeah! What a cutie little guy...congrats to you an your sweet family.

Faldmo's said...

Congrats Cano family! Drake is so handsome. Such a precious family! -Love you guys!

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

Wow, what a story. I had read in your previous post (by Jenny) that there was a little bump in the road. I'm glad all worked out well. It's crazy that it took 11 hours - such a long day I'm sure. He looks absolutely perfect and you looked great in labor and out - my goodness, I'm sure I will look a mess!

I'm excited for your new addition to the family. I look forward to the post in the future with your three little kiddos. I love that Lincoln wasn't even slightly interested in the hospital, he's got such a funny little personality. I'm excited to hear how he feels after he realizes Drake is in the family for good :)

Congrats - he's adorable!

Rob'n'Mon said...

Oh Teri! What a doll! I'm so glad he made it and things are well. :)