Here's what I got for you
Ever changing. Tell me folks, am I the only one that gets so fixated on the changing seasons. I don't even know how to describe it but I become completely fascinated by it. Just 2 short months ago my yard was still thriving. The grass still needed mowing every week. My geraniums and pots were still huge and vibrant. The leaves were a glossy green. And now look. Changing.
To me, it is still beautiful. Just a different kind of beautiful. We are wrapping up the yard work. Pulled all my annuals out, always hard to say goodbye to them. I almost cried as I pulled the strong, solid roots out of the soil. Felt as if I were betraying them. But we all know good things must come to an end. End of their season. Needed to get it all cleaned out before the first snow storm hits. Which if the weatherman is right should be tonight. We shall see.
Yep, things look different.
One of the last days my boy wore shorts and flipflops. This was over a week ago when we still had some warmer tempratures. Lincoln loves to busy himself in our shed. I don't know what goes on in there, a whole lot of talking and laughing which maybe should concern me being as he is in there all by himself.
He is a goof...but he is my goof.
I always love the Primary Program at the end of October. Carson was so stinkin cute cause he had been singing the songs for weeks. He was so excited. The big day comes and my dad calls up and invites Thiago to go on a little fishing excursion with him and some of my cousins. Thiago really wanted to go so I gave him the go ahead. Only problem is he usually takes Carson with him. Carson heard me talking about it and said "mom, no I can't go...I have to go to my program, I have been practicing the songs all year, and I just need to go." Thats my boy. What a kid right. Way to choose the right Cars.
Even though Drake wasn't a part of the program, I still thought he looked super cute all dressed up. Thiago ended up taking Lincoln with fishing, so it was just me, Cars, and Drake at church. Lets just say it was alot quieter on our row that day.
Cars helping Papa Deano. I tell ya, there is nothing this man can't do. He is the handyman of all handymen. Carson can't get enough of following him around and being his little shadow.
We love our Papa, and all his toys!!!
Hello fireplace. How lovely to see you again. My best friend is back. If it were up to Thiago, I think he would like to have this removed. I have this guy on ALL THE TIME. Ooh, I love it. Love the warmth. I have missed my friend.
Everyone recovering from the Halloween candy hangovers. I have not. Every day I tell myself I am not going to eat any more. Yet, everytime I walk by one of their buckets I find myself digging out some little treasure. Laffy Taffy, Reeses, M&M's...yes, yes, and yes.
He's cute. We were on our way out the door to take Cars to school, when he decided his homework needed one last little touchup. I just thought he looked cute all hunched over, scribbling away.
Probably the last year I can get away with letting Lincoln boy wear feetsie jams. Can't help myself, something so cute about those little legs all footsied up. Just makes me smile.
Linc and I raking up our first big piles of leaves. Appearantly, you use different muscles for raking than I am used to with P90. Cause I am SORE. Sad, but true. My poor arms and shoulders.
New recipe. Sweet and tangy meatballs. I am pretty sure the whole world knows this recipe, but it was new to me. 3 ingredients. Meatballs, chili sauce and grape jelly. Sooo freaking good. We served it over rice and holy heck. We loved it. The smell is to die for, I kept sneaking those little babies out of my crockpot all day long.
Last but not least. I leave you with a sneak peak. Family picture time friends. Oh the stress. I tell ya, is there anything quite like it. The outfits have to be just so...down to the shoes. You worry about the weather, especially this time of year. I swear I have never watched the 7 day forecast so religously in my life. I workded so hard to coordinate our schedules. Which is no easy task, my husband is a busy man. I scheduled my hair...cause you know a girl has got to look her best. I made sure the babies were well napped and fed. Heck we even bribed the almost 3 year old with a Transformer if he would smile well.
Stress. Stress. Stress.
I am pleased to say that I think we got a few good ones. Some definite keepers. Post to come as soon as I get the disk. But they turned out pretty decent, which is all a mom with three young kids cans ask for. Am I right?
Happy Weekend all of you!
4 comments:
Your house looks so pretty Terri. It looks ready for the winter.
So did ya get that first snow storm last night??? Our heater ran all night, which is cold for us!
Ah the footsie jammies. I love those things. My girls have outgrown them so long ago (although now I notice target has them for ALL sizes, which i think is kinda weird), but they are so cute.
Hope your fam pictures went well. Stressful they are!! I did not even do them this year. I didn't want to the stress. I am not even sure if i will do cards, but if I do I figures I do have thousands of pics to choose from. :)
No need to get rid of the sleepers yet Ter! My weird almost five year old thinks they are the greatest things ever. I only bought him one pair after he begged and pleaded for them, but let's face it not as cute on a four year old than an almost one year old. We have fights every night when his robot sleepers are in the wash and not ready for wearing.
Your yard looks great, I wish you would come teach me some tricks. I just don't seem to have a green thumb like you guys all do. Next year......next year. And I know you are thinking yeah right!
HOpe today is going good at work, did you love the snow last night. It was pretty huh.
I loved your Friday Favorites. I'll bet you were just so proud of little (big) Carson. The Primary Program is my all time favorite sacrament meeting.
Sounds like the perfect Sunday to me. I can't wait to see the family pictures.
Post a Comment