Bet you can't guess what we've been doing??
Any ideas...
Oh Christmas Tree!!
I know you probably already figured that right? I mentioned it last week. I am waiting for my mom's help on one final little project and then my halls are officially decked (haha, get it). We even have our outside lights put up, just need to hang the wreath above our garage and we are ready to go.
I hope too many of you aren't hating me right now. I really try not to be one of those people that skips right by Thanksgiving, and goes into Christmas. But I just can't help it. I truly love Thanksgiving, and the holidays wouldn't be complete without it, but I love Christmas even more. I can't stand to only celebrate and enjoy the season a measley 25 days...too short. No, no. I like the whole months of November and December to just really soak it all in.
So the tree came up...and everything else.
Thiago and I both started out kinda ornery and tired at first. Both of us had had really long days and really just wanted to get the kids to bed. However, we had told them we were doing it that night and they weren't about to let us skip out of it. Besides that, I really wanted all of my Christmas complete by Lincoln's birthday party and Monday was my only free night. So we proceeded. The kids were so excited. They were just going nuts pulling those ornaments out of the boxes. Exclaiming over their favorites, making up little conversations and stories. They were just alive with excitement. It did not take long before Thiago and I were sucked into their happiness. We looked at each other at one point and just smiled as we watched the boys, their faces just radiated happiness. I said to Thiago that these years right now, while our boys are young are going to be the best Christmas's of our lives. Years from now we will look back on these days and we won't remember the long hours, the fits and fighting, the no sleep, the running here and there and every where...the only thing we will remember is those little eyes alive with the magic of the season, little bodies snuggled in warm flannely jams and we will give anything to have these years back.
It was a sweet, warm, and cozy night at home with my four best boys and our Christmas tree.
Just for fun, here is a few of my favorite ornaments...
Be still my heart...seriously. Look at my Carson. 2007, he was 2 1/2 in this picture. Younger than Lincoln. Holy heck, look at that face. Oh, makes me cry. Where have the past 4 years gone.
And a 6 week old baby Lincoln on his very first Christmas. I remember that outfit he was wearing...I kept calling him my little elf. My little angel baby, finally showing up after the 2 miscarriages that took place before him. My heart was rejoicing that holiday season.
Carson's handprint just last year. Made it in Miss Katie's class. He and Lincoln each took turns placing their hands in it last night. Still fits. Few years from now and that won't be the case. Go slowly time...for this mama's sake. Let me enjoy my littles.
Start of the Christmas season....2011
here's hoping its a merry one!
3 comments:
No you didn't!
;)
NO christmas decor here.
I have to wait until December. I don't know if its because of both the girls birthdays, or just because, but that's my rule.
Yours looks great, I bet the boys had fun helping. :)
I love your favorite ornaments, those are the best kind.
I don't allow any other ornaments except my fancy ones on the tree downstairs. Their character ones all go on their tree in their room. But I have to make exceptions for the special handmade ones they are hanging in all their glory front and center on my nice tree. Looks a little out of place but who would have it any other way!
Can't wait to see all your Christmas is one of my favorite things to do seeing my sisters decor each year!
I loved that post!! just like Jenny's holiday post it really made my day. I too have most of my christmas up and it has taken me too long and required too much of my energy for one pregnant mom. But in all essence love the way my house feels right now. We decorated one of our trees the other night and Josh and I were probably doing the same thing you and Thiago were. the feeling was of happiness, joy, love, magic, and a little saddness as you realize just how precious these time are.
Post a Comment