Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween!


Did we all enjoy??

Ironhide, Buzz Lightyear and a sweet little dalmation pup enjoyed the heck out of their day. And so did their mom. Although I have to admit my evening got off to a very rocky start. Their was a full on temper tantrum happening, we are talking jumping up and down, screaming irraticaly, stomping around the house and even a few tears. Who threw this tantrum you are asking...well it wasn't Lincoln or Drake or even Carson. No, no...unfortunately my friends the tantrum came from me.

Picture this. I had planned everything just so. My day had gone like clockwork. Crossed everything off my list. I had planned to start getting the kids ready at 4:15, to ensure they would be ready by 5:15. We would then head outside to snap some pictures, so they could be trick or treating by 5:30. We would then head to my dads and then my moms. Everything had to stick to the schedule. One thing would throw everything else off.

Kids are ready to go, I am feeling a little rattled cause Drake didn't get his afternoon nap and he is letting me know that he is NOT happy about that. None the less, we are sticking to schedule and things are good. We head outside, I get the kids settled happily on the porch. Heck, they are even smiling for the camera.

I snap that picture, and imagine my surprise when it comes out horribly blurry. I reset my settings, clean off the lens, turn it off and on again and try again. Still blurry. Nothing is coming into focus. Now keep in mind I have an SLR camera, but most of the time I keep it in auto. I don't really know what I am doing with it. And that soon became very evident.

Insert...temper tantrum. And oh my heavens, it was a goody. Just ask my poor husband. Pretty sure he thought I had totally lost it. Pretty embarrassing now that I think about it. I can't think of the last time I threw such a fit. But I did...I sure did.

Called my smarty pants sister who is quite the camera know it all. She told me I had some how changed my focus (she used some other smart camera word, that I don't remember), anywho...I had somehow changed that from auto to manual. She had me read aloud all the buttons on my camera until I found the one she was thinking of. Sure enough...flipped that button back to A and all was well in my picture taking world again.

And now...without further ado...Halloween can continue. Cause heck I almost called the whole thing off after that catastrophe. Oh the horror.

So I present to you...




Ironhide.




Buzz Lightyear...to infinity and BEYOND!




and the sweetest little pup with the blackest little eyes you ever did see.

And from here on out you will no longer see any pictures of the little dalmation pup. My hot blooded babe cooked to death in this thing. We are talking full on sweating, the poor babe.

Sure looked cute while he lasted though.


And after these two appeased me in my picture taking quest..they were off.

They had some serious, no-nonsense trick or treating to get to with their dad.




I got just these couple of pictures of them trick or treating. According to Thiago, Lincoln was absolutely hilarious. Everyone he passed on the sidewalk he would stop them and say "so, you batman, so you a princess, so you a pirate"...and it goes on and on. At every door stop he insisted on re-ringing the doorbell (even if the owners had already answered), he loudly announced "look at me, I'm Buzz" to each and every person he saw. If allowed to pick his candy, he stood there for a good 20 minutes trying to narrow down his choices. Honestly, this kid marches to the beat of his own drum. Carson was as sweet as can be. Politely said trick or treat, thank-you and Happy Halloween at each house. Waited for slow poke Lincoln boy. Only took one piece of candy when offered. What a sweetie.


Now, I on the other hand was on candy duty.



Don't worry, I had a helper.


What, what is this...my helper fell asleep 10 minutes into it.

Thats okay I guess...I made do on my own. Somebody had to enjoy her nice, quiet, peaceful home with no littles around. Tough job, someone had to do it.


Boys got home an hour and a half later and we headed off to Papa Jeff's.


My sister was just getting there as we were. Here's papa with Ironhide, Buzz and Bumblebee.


and the little non-dalmation pup.


And I need to show off the world's cutest little miss. Look at my Elle Belle, she sure makes a cute little geisha. Now is she adorable or what...I absolutely loved her costume.


Oh, this girl...I tell ya what, I love her.



A little more trick or treating with the cousins.


Carson also liked being on candy duty at my dads house.

And then onto my favorite portion of the night.

My mama's.



This lady sure knows how to set the festive mood. She's got a knack, I tell ya what.


She made taco soup.


mormon muffins


scones with honey


cinnamon rolls



and sugar cookies. And her wassail too, just didn't get a picture of that.

I was one fat cat by the end of that night. But oh, it was good. And well worth all those calories.



I think its safe to say her house was the highlight of the night. I love my mom.

All in all..it was a great night. Love Halloween cause it is the kickoff for all that is about to come. We are officially amongst "the holidays", and I couldn't be more excited.


Hope you all had a good one.

6 comments:

Genn said...

Hi Teri!
Such a funny story about your temper tantrum!! ;)
I am glad that Jenny was able to help you out and all was right again.
That first picture of the kids is so great. You should frame it and put it out next year at Halloween!

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh dear I laughed and laughed what a story! And I even knew it already it just kept getting funnier! The more I think about it the more I laugh. You realize you are now in my realm. That is my calling card temper tantrums are a speciality for me, just take yourself back a few years to me you Ash and a broom. Do you remember, of course you do! Welcome to the temper tantrum club it's awesome. Eric knew long ago I was a psycho!

Great pictures, now that I can stop laughing long enough to look at them! The first one is to die for, you definitely must frame for next year. Did you realize I failed to get one of all my three together......sad.

See you in awhile hope you are having a good hair day! By the way that's funny on two counts. One cause today is a big day and you need good hair. And two the last temper tantrum I recall was directed at your hair.....because we all know you wash, dry and style it! Only your hair sometimes doesn't get that memo!

Tammy said...

Do you think you mom would mind if I dropped in next year for some of that yummy food!!!

Glad Jenny helped you fix your camera. I know the feeling of being short on time and needing eveything to go just right and then it doesn't. I think I may have had a trantrum or 2 for the same thing. Well maybe not because of my camera but you know what I mean.

Rob'n'Mon said...

Oh my goodness your puppy looked ADORABLE!!! And the food looked amazing! Wish I could have crashed your Halloween - tantrum, or not. :)

The Carnahan's said...

Love all their costumes! I am jealous of your camera, so lucky!!! Ca,Bree changed the setting on my camera and I threw the same tantrum, Benton thought I lost my mind. It's still not the same, so I can relate!

Clemments Family said...

All that food looks so yummy! And Drake, seriously the cutest puppy ever. Carson and Lincoln look adorable. And your Neice, I love love love her outfit.