Oh my Lincoln Stinkin, how did this happen my boy, say it ain't so....are you really three years old. I can't believe this little spitfire has been a part of our lives for three whole years.
Oh how we love our little maniac. His birthday always gets me a little teary, he meant so much to us that November of 2008. As I mentioned before it was a long old road getting this boy into our lives, and we felt like the most blessed parents ever to welcome that little (or not so little) spirit. He came into this world making his presence known, boy did that kid have a set of lungs. And ever since that first cry, we have been completely enamored by him. What would our lives be like without our fiery, mischevious, fiesty, snuggly, and oh so lovable brown (with just a speck of green) eyed boy.
His actual birthday was Thursday the 17th, we decided to just keep things quiet with our own little family that day and then we had all of our extended families over that Saturday night for a little party.
Things were pretty quiet during the day. He just hung out with me and the Draker bug while Cars was at school. We ran to the store to get all of his party food and decorations, and also to spend a little of his birthday money. He got $20.00 in the mail from his Great Grandma Williams. So we roamed the toy aisle until he spotted Bumblebee (featured in the pictures above), it was love at first sight. Bumblebee came home with us.
As soon as Carson got done with school and daddy got home from work we loaded up and took the boys bowling. Oh how my Lincoln boy loves to bowl.
And he's good, he's freakishly good. Which is a really good thing, cause holy heck does he take it serious. He is all eyes on the game, no time for smiles or goofing around. Oh no. He means business.
For the love, is this not a cute picture!
Draker bug, soon enough and you can join those big brothers of yours.
little snack...
watching intently...
After bowling we went and ate dinner at Chilli's. Where I was way to intent on chowing down my ranch bacon quesadillas and chips and salsa to worry about any picture taking. It was good.
Saturday night...Party time!
Such a picture enthusiast..this one is. He just loves to cooperate.
Our traditional "kiss the boy on his cheeks" birthday picture.
Smile or no smile..he is such a cute little stink.
Thanks so much to all of our family for all the help with the food. They all bring a side and it is much appreciated. We ate little street tacos with pico, lil' smolkies, green salad with all the fixins, 7 layer dip and chips. Oh my heck, it was so good. Seriously one of our better birthday dinners. Ya know how when you are the hostess things never taste quite as good, well guess what..it tasted plenty dang good.
Me hard at work, and the birthday boy begging me for some samples..
I obliged, he gets whatever he wants, its his birthday!
a quiet little moment between cousins.
and the presents. His favorites are the batcave that we gave him and his Millenium Falcon from my inlaws.
Side note...next morning was Sunday, I stayed up late the night before cleaning everything up and making pies for a Thanksgiving get together we had the next day. Thiago went fishing again with my dad that morning and I was naughty and played hooky from church, I just couldn't handle it with just myself and three kids. Anywho, didn't get to bed until almost 2 so I slept in just a tad. Woke up to the sounds of Carson and Lincoln out in our family room playing with the new toys. Carson had the batcave and was directing the "bad guys" to jail, Lincoln had Darth Vader and was singing a little tune that goes something like this "Da, da, da, dum...darth vader, da, da, da, dum....darth vader. I walked out and saw them both crosslegged by the fireplace (which they had flipped on), with their crazy slept on hair and jammies and the whole scene just made me smile. So glad they have the little lives that they do. They are happy, go lucky little boys and I love them.
Back to the party...cake time. Cake made by my mother in law. You will never eat a better cake than hers. They are heaven on earth.
We sang the English/American Happy birthday as well as the Portugese/Brazil happy birthday. Gotta say the Portugese version is better than ours, there is a whole lot of clapping and yelling and my boys all love it. Heck, so do I. (Hey friends...notice my feather earings. They are new and I got them from Nordstroms, I kinda love them. At least I think I do. I spent the whole day enduring comments like this from my hubby "Hey, you beautiful black swan, you ready to take flight". Ha, he thinks he's funny...what does he know about fashion. You guys like em, right?)
And that wraps up this for-ev-er long birthday post. Happy birthday to you my little three year old. I hope you know how blessed we are to have you as a part of our family. You light up our lives with that sparkling little smile and your mischevious little ways. I hope this year is everything you want it to be, never forget how loved you are! Happiest of days my boy...your mama loves you!
3 comments:
Happy birthday to your sweet little Lincoln! I do love that he and Claire share a birthday. I was thinking of you all on their day.
Looks like he had a great time at his parties.
And those husbands, they think they are so funny don't they? black swan, take flight, hahaha. I love your earrings Teri! You looked so pretty.
Happy THREE Linc!!!
Happy Birthday Linc!!! He is too big!!!!
Such a great birthday!!! I cannot believe he is 3, so crazy! Loved your bowling pictures, such cute boys you guys have. Happy birthday Lincoln!
Post a Comment