Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Saturday after Thanksgiving...


has always found us in the same place. Me and the mister...for nine years in a row now. You see...9 years ago, November of 2002 we had spent the day doing some serious Christmas shopping. And by Christmas shopping, I mean spending ridiculous amounts of money on just each other. You see we were both full time employed, with pretty decent jobs, we lived at home with our parents, we had no children, no bills, nothing else to claim our money...so we spent it all on each other. It was fabulous.

Boy how the tables have turned...we now have three children sucking up every penny we have. Ha...nevermind...that is not what this blog post is about. Have I mentioned we love those three kids, cause we do..they are worth every penny.

Anywho, back to nine years ago, we shopped all day in Salt Lake and then headed to dinner at "The Roof" on the very top level of the JSM building. The 10th floor, at a window table overlooking temple square. Beautiful.

And then that little mister surprised me....out of nowhere he pulled out a little ring box and the rest my friends is history. We got engaged that night. And now every year we do the same thing. On the Saturday after Thanksgiving...we shop, except now it is for three kids, and then we go to "The Roof". Some years we make a weekend out of it and get a hotel, some years we don't. This year was a no, a little three year old had some pretty large dental bills that took our money instead. Oh well, what do you do.

Fun was still had.



We dropped off those little ones at Vovo's house where they had big plans to decorate their tree and go bowling. The boys were all sorts of excited.

And then our adventure began. We started in Ogden at Babies R Us...where Drake's entire Christmas was purchased. Needless to say, he is getting a lot of needs rather than wants. He is not even 1, this is one of the only years I can get away with that. I am sure his brothers are going to be rather unimpressed with his boring pile, but thats life.



We then stopped for some nourishment. Well Thiago did...I was saving my appetite for our big dinner, but my honey was hungry for a breakfast sandwich.


And I settled for a warm, cozy drink...


Ummmmmm....good!


Then came a whole lot of this...Walmart, Target, Toy R Us, Old Navy...and so forth.

We did good. The boys are almost completely done. A few odds and ends, but for the most part we are set. And the best part of it is, I stuck to my budget. I say I am going to do that every year, yet every year I go over. Well this year folks...I did it. And I am proud.

We then headed down to Salt Lake. They just opened up a brand new H&M at Fashion Place, and I have been dying to check it out. It was crazy busy, but I did find a few cute clothing items for the boys. I was pleased.

Then came Nordstroms...which lets face it, that was more for me than anyone else.



This little necklace came home with me... I just thought it was too cute to pass up.


I also may have purchased a new shirt or two...you know for the upcoming holiday festivities.


We then freshened up a bit and headed over to the JSM building. Where parking is always so pleasant, I so enjoy parking a mile away and walking in the freezing cold. Such fun.


And Thiago so enjoys when I make him stand in front of the giant Christmas tree in their lobby, where there are about a million other people, and he has to stand there all by himself and smile for my camera. Makes him so very happy.


At least its a beautiful tree...



on up to dinner, where we overlook this pretty little sight....


nothing like it, I love temple square.




a glimpse of some of my food, just some mind you. I think I returned to the dessert table about 80 times. Thiago is amazed at my ability to put away desserts. I am very good at it, I just can't turn down all those little lovelies. Creme brule, red velvet cake, apricot crepes, fruit tarts, cranberry cobbler...I mean come on, how is a girl to choose.


And thats that..it was such a fun day/night. We had so much fun together. So fun shopping for our little misters and discussing all of their crazy little antics. Fun to sit back at dinner and reminisce on the past 9 years. Can't believe it has been that long. Love my babe...thanks for the fun day!

3 comments:

Genn said...

What FUN!
I remember when you did this last year and I was a bit jealous. Sounds like a great way to spend the day with your hubby, be productive, and reminisce about days of old. You two are so cute.
Loved all of your pictures!
Loved your outfit Teri. One of these days you and Jenny should do wiww! I bet you are the cutest.

Eric and Jenny said...

You looked great that day, I always think maybe I am having a cute day and then I see either you or a picture of you and take it all back. I just can't compete anymore with your cuteness!

I am always so jealous of this day you guys get together every year. I wish Eric would do that with me, it's the perfect way to start the Christmas season off. I can't wait to see your shirts and I LOVE your necklace. I bet you got one for me for Christmas with a little J, didn't ya?

Rob'n'Mon said...

What a great tradition! Thanks for sharing your fun with us. :)