Saturday, November 12, 2011

Grateful




Have I mentioned that I love these three faces.

Just a time or two, right??


Never, ever in my wildest dreams did I think I would be a mother to ALL boys. If you had told me this before I started having kids, I think I may have cried. I always imagined myself with a little daughter. Someone to doll up in pink, and headbands, and leggings, and nail polish. Someone to buy baby dolls for, American girls, Strawberry Shortcake and my little ponies. Someone who would let me sit behind her and run a comb through long locks. Someone who I can sit up with, long into the night and have a little mother/daughter heart to heart. Someone I could teach all my little tricks of the trade too. Teach her what I know about cooking, cleaning, laundry, homemaking.

Little did I know, Heavenly Father had a different plan for me. That plan included three little gentlemen. My boys. Just the phrase "my boys", sends a little tingle down my spine. How quickly my heart has changed. With each little boy that was placed in my arms, that sacred relationship between a mama and her son became more and more evident. My boys. My little men. I can't imagine life any other way. Thoughts of pink have been replaced with blue, and trucks, and trains, and phrases like "autobots, transform and rollout". I walk into a department store and my eyes travel right to the boy section. I could name every action hero, I am familiar with the phrase "all spark", I come home with Spider man bandaids and Cars toothpaste. No princesses here.

Surprised that I have all boys, yes, of course, I never expected that. But disappointed. Never. Not in a million years. I belong to a special club you see. An exclusive club for moms and their little boys. The little boys that pick me weeds, oh I mean flowers. Little boys that charge, and wrestle, and plow into one another. Little boys whose best friends are each other. Little boys who look at me, and our eyes connect and I know that I am the light of their little lives. Little boys who are learning from the absolute best example the way to treat a lady. Oh how I love being the mother to these little boys.

Their little spirits are making me who I am. They bring a purpose to my life. They have changed me, inspired me, transformed me. I canNOT imagine my life without them. I love them with a love so deep and fierce, it burns within me. I see their sweet faces, each as different as night and day and tears come to my eyes. They are a part of my forever family, and I am so grateful to be their mom.

5 comments:

Shanna said...

This is so so sweet! What lucky little boys!!
Aren't boys wonderful! I feel the same way about them. So rough and roundy, yet so so precious and sweet.
You have beautiful boys Teri. I feel So lucky I get to read your blog. Thanks for all the great reminders of why life is wonderful!!

Clemments Family said...

Such a beautiful post. I love my boys and wouldn't trade them for the world. The thing is you will always be #1 to them. Girls are honestly harder, I would have 6 boys and love it. I think your boys are very lucky to have you and boy are they super cute.

Genn said...

Those are three LUCKY little boys Teri.

You are so sweet. Loved reading this post.

GREAT picture!!

Eric and Jenny said...

Ter I love that picture of them, it's so sweet! How right you are I love having K but I always thought it would be really special to have three of the same. I loved having us three girls growing up it felt special you know. I always think a family of boys is about as sweet as they come. There is something about a momma and her boys one special bond right there. How lucky you are to be the queen in three little mens heart, four if you court their daddy!

Eric and Jenny said...

Obviously I meant count!