I know.
I know.
I can hardly believe it myself. But yes friends, I speak the truth. My little cherub is 10 months old tomorrow. For the love of heaven kid....SLOW down. Don't turn one..don't you dare do it.
one month
two months
three months
four months
five months
six months
seven months
eight months
nine months
and ten months.
He sure makes 10 months look good. He certainly does, I most defintely want to eat him up all the time so he must be doing something right.
A look at his month:
This is how we find him most of his life. He is just such a low key kid. Carson and Lincoln are always running around the house, playing some odd game and the poor little one just sits here all by himself. Content as can be. Little stack of toys placed in front of him. He smiles at whoever happens to look at him. Kicks his little legs and goes back to his toys. He is completey content in his loner-ism. Like I said, this boy is just plain happy to be alive.
Took this picture one night at my inlaws house. Draker just sat up there on their piano, plunking away on the keys. His little round head just looked so freaking adorable that I had to snap a picture.
he's thinking about it...just thinking
I just laugh at him...he is such a chicken little. He is constantly in this position. He is way to chicken to actually go for it and move those little knees. He just sits there, rocking back and forth, eyeing his prize but in the end the prize is never enough motivation. He plops back onto his bum, sits there a few moments and then rocks forward again. He'll get there, I am sure within the month we will have a crawler, but for now he just rocks.
His greatest motivator would have to be the vacuum. The boy is obsessed with the vacuum. He loves the cord, the sound, all of it. He just goes crazy whenever I pull it out of the closet.
and of course all electronic devices. Phones, remote controls, computers. His eyes just about jump out of his head when he is trying to reach one of these items.
See, I told ya....it excites him.
He really does seem to be a little slower than my other two boys. They were both crawling and pulling themselves up to furniture by this point. Not Drakey, he only stands if we pull him up ourselves and hold his little hands. I am not really surprised though, knowing his personality. He is just so content to sit and watch the world go by. I don't worry, he'll get there. Funny how kids are all so different. My three boys are just night and day from each other.
One of my favorite things to do is to watch him sleep. Look at those lashes, no fair.
One of his favorite things to do is take a bath. Loves it. Wishes he could stay in there always. Once again, he is so funny. He just sits in that bathtub, holding onto the same little fishie cup, and smiling. So happy, so chill.
Can you tell that I am a little obsessed with this babe of mine. Oh this kid. He is pure delight, sunshine to my soul. Turning into a bit of a mama's boy, if someone else has him and he sees me, he just goes nutso. Does this little half cry/half laugh and lunges towards me. I scoop him up and his response is just priceless.
He molds his little body right against me, does this little scoot thing, like he is trying to get as close as possible. He cuddles right in and honest to gosh gives me a little hug, pats my shoulder and everything.
You mama's out there know that feeling right. Nothing in this world tops that feeling. The feeling of knowing that you and only you are the center of their little world. You hold the key to their comfort and happiness. Just you...the mama. I love that.
I love him.
And on this Thanksgiving Eve, I am feeling grateful to be his mom. And the mom to his two brothers. My kind, tenderhearted oldest with the biggest heart you've ever known, my middle boy, the crazy wild child with eyes full of laughter, and my sweet little babe that melts my heart with a single look.
I'm grateful for their daddy, who is the rock centering my whole world. I love him. More than anything. And I love that he loves me too.
I'm grateful for every single blessing in my life. Our home, our religion, our jobs, our families, our country, our health, our trials and our happiness. All of it. I am grateful and I am mindful, and I know exactly where that gratitude is owed. I am forever grateful to a loving father in heaven, who is forever guiding my life and the lives of my family. I am grateful to know the things that I know and to believe the things that we believe.
Happy Thanksgiving all!
1 comment:
Seriously 10 months old, so crazy! He is such a doll baby. I love how snugly he is, so cute. Boys always get long lashes, not sure why that is? It's so cute that he is just chill, I bet that's nice since you are busy with your other 2 little men :)
Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your cute little family!
Post a Comment