Monday, April 21, 2008

Blast from the Past......Sisters!!

Our life has been a little boring lately, not to mention my camera is going crazy on me. Soooo...I have not gotten a whole lot posted this last week, I thought I would at least do a blast from the past, so I had something new for you all to see. So here it is...I kinda copied my friend Ashley's idea for this one. She just did a flashback Friday on her sister, and I thought it was so cute. I think I am the luckiest girl in the whole wide world, to have my two sissies. I love them so much, Jen and I are only 18 months older than Ashley, so we have been closer than close our whole lives. I have never really needed a whole lot of friends, cause I had my 2 best friends living in the same house with me. We have done everything together, from the crazy games we played as little girls, to that awkward adolescence phase, dating, dances, hair, shopping, weddings, babies...I could go on and on. I heard one time that the best gift you can give your children is siblings. I could not agree more, I cannot imagine my life without my sisters. They have made me who I am, they have seen me at my absolute worst, yet they still love me like only a sister could. They have been there for me every second of my life, and I know no matter where we go or how our lives change, I KNOW they will still always be there. So my darlings, I love you two more than you know and am so grateful to have you. We truly are kindred spirits(as Anne of Green Gables would say), and I love you, love you, love you!



We got these little bunnies for Easter one year, don't you just love how we dressed them up as babies. Take a look at our hair, our mom sure knew how to get some volume. This was our "fancy" look, as we used to call it.


My little aunt Tam, went to Hawaii and brought us back these hula skirts. Ooh-la-la!! We sure thought we were something in those getups. By the way if you can't tell we are watching Wizard of Oz in the background.



Here we are all dressed up for one of our highschool dances. I think it was sweethearts dance for Valentines. Ash curled my hair like that, and I LOVED it!!


"Sisters by chance, friends by choice."


This is after we all got married, we are down in St. George staying at my Aunt Shelly's house (thanks Shel), we have the absolute best memories of our St. George trips. This is us at the bowling alley one night....the boys are there too, but we didn't want them messing up our picture.


This last picture is my moms absolute favorite, we all do look pretty cute if I do say so myself.

15 comments:

Eric Smith said...

Oh, I love it, I keep going back and looking at all the pictures over and over again. Those bunnies we were so weird, mom sure put up with a lot of really stupid things we did as kids. I love that dance picture, your hair is so cute. St George was the best, it was fun going with Lance and Carson a few years ago, but the best was just us girls and Thiago. Thiago thanks for being so easy going all the time, he has witnessed us weirdo's at our worst and yet stayed around for what ten years now. Sorry this is getting long, but you put so many wonderful memories in it, I have to comment on them all. LOVE YOU! You too Ash, I know you will read this.

Eric and Jenny said...

All right, stupid Eric's laptop sorry I realized it said this after I had typed that whole thing, and I wasn't about to do it again. So just remember united states tax policy is your darling sister!

Souli & Ashley said...

I love you too my sisters there is nothing better then having sisters. And I so lucky to get two that are just wonderful. Thanks for being there for me. Those pictures are some of my favorites. Remember how we always wanted to take them to church with us. Call me tomorrow I need your help with adding all those people to my blog I have like 5 new friends exciting huh. I'm getting up there in the blogging world.

Tiff and Chris said...

Y'all look so beautiful! I know that life would not be the same without my sisters, so I could not agree more.

Brea Marie said...

Sisters make the best of friends! Such a cute tribute Teri! Loved seeing all the fun pictures going through the ages.

Leah said...

I love your cute ideas and what a sweet tribute to your sisters. I feel the same way about my sisters, I just may have to steal your idea.

Nick and Stacey said...

What a cute post! I loved it! Sorry about your camera! I can't believe looking at those pictures of when you were little how much each of you look like your boys. They each have got a little of each of you! I loved all the pictures! What a cute tribute to your sisters! Isn't it wonderful to have family!

Ashley and Devan said...

I love that you did your sisters for your flashback too. I love that you said a sibling is the best gift you can give a child. I agree one hundred percent with that. I love my sister, but I always wished we had one more sister. There is just something fun about three. It is so neat that you guys have stayed such great friends. You and Jenny are both such sweet girls and wonderful people. I don't know you sister Ashley but I am sure she is too. Your mom did a great job!

Tammy said...

You three are so cute. I can tell you really love eachother. I think I need to call my sisters for some bonding time. Ok this has nothing to do with your blog. It has to do with Twilight. You have to send me your e-mail address so I can send you this link for a clip of the movie. It is so good. Oh yeah my e-mail address is tammynieder@comcast.net

Ash and Casey Woodyatt said...

It is amazing how well all of you get along. Me and my sister were 2 years apart and always fought. We now work together and are very good friends.

TW said...

Love the pictures. What happy memories they bring back. You three were sure darling and had imaginations like no one else. Thanks for a walk down memory lane.

Jill said...

I love all the pictures of you all. My favoite is the last one you guys all look so pretty.

Aleese and Scott said...

I love all of the pictures you all look so cute! I love the picture with the bunnies, my hair looked exactly the same at that age. I agree siblings are the best! How fun to have sisters so close in age!

Melissa said...

Those pictures of you guys when you were little... oh it seems just like yesterday. that is how I always remembered you. that is when you lived in tremonton and we saw you a lot. i think we even tended you guys alot. love you guys!

Nathan, Karen, Anna, and Austin said...

Hi Teri and Thiago! I thought I would finaly say Hi! This is Karen Coy (formerly Moyes). I've seen you blog a couple of times and think it is so cute and your little family is adorable. I (along with everyone else) knew you would end up together forever. I especially like your sister post. You three look so much alike! I'm glad to see how happy you two are!