Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Kiddo Tag-Carson Jeffrey Cano


Carson got tagged by his cute friend Hunter Davis. I have been tagged many times, but Carson never has, so I am excited about this. All you do is list 5 facts you all might not know about my little guy...here goes.

1. My little one has the softest heart. He is the most compassionate person, I have ever met. He hates crying, fighting, yelling, anything that brings contention. Anytime I am sad, he comes and puts his arm around me and pats my back and gives me kisses. It is so sweet and just melts my heart. He loves to cuddle, loves hugs and kisses, loves to sit close to people and hold their hand. He is such a little angel!!

2. Most of you who know us well, already know this but Carson is turning three in June and weighs a whole 26 pounds (fully dressed). He is sooo tiny, he isn't even on the charts as for as percentiles in weight and height go. I used to worry about this, but he is growing (just slowly) and I was the same way when I was little. There was nothing to me, same as Carson. I guarantee what will end up happening is my boys will be tiny and petite like me and I will get big, husky girls like Thiago. Shouldn't it be the other way around.

3. Carson is so very good with his hands. He is so detail oriented and notices everything. He observes everything around him and then mimics it. Ever since he was tiny, I have loved to watch him. He can put anything together, he is so careful and does it exactly right. He also has a great memory, I tell him or show him something once and he never forgets.

4. I know I previously mentioned this, but Carson is obsessed with movies lately. The only problem is he picks one movie and then watches it over and over for a few weeks. Eventually he will move on to a different one and we start all over again. I don't know if all 2 year olds do this, but I find it so annoying. He doesn't even watch it half the time, he just likes it on for noise and then when I try to change it he gets mad. Makes me crazy!!

5. Carson is bilingual. He understands and can speak English and Portugese. Ever since he was born, Thiago and his family have just spoken Portugese to him. At first I had my doubts cause I couldn't understand what they were saying. But I am totally amazed by it now. He mainly speaks English, every once in a while he will throw in a Portugese word but he completely understands both. I will ask him a question in English and he will answer, Thiago will ask him the same thing in Portugese and he will answer. It is pretty cool!

Okay, now you all know some fun facts about my little guy. We are now tagging Lance and Luke Smith, Brevin Phongsavath, Taylor Downs and Mitchell Meldrum.

7 comments:

Jill said...

That is all very true. He is a special little boy, I think it is so funny how he does not like yelling and fighting, but he loves to yell.

Tiff and Chris said...

Your little boy is amazing. My little brother is also a sweetie, so kind and loving and I love it! I hope my little ones are the same way.

Nick and Stacey said...

How cute is this! I loved getting to know carson a little bit better! He is so darn cute! i love it when Mitchell cuddles with me, not very often, but more than Faye! Also the other day I was having a bad day talking to Nick on the phone and I started crying, I got off the phone and he said Your sad mom...you miss daddy! It was so darn cute it made me cry more! I think its amazing what intuition little kids have! I think its awesome he is bilingual, what a great quality! Anyways I think I have said enough! I think this is a great tag! Who doesn't like to talk about their kids!

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh that is so great, that little Carson all of this just made me miss his cute little face. He is so sensitive I love how he is always giving you hugs and telling you not to be sad. It is so cool that he is bilingual! Give that boy a kiss from me, I so wish we could have gotten him a ticket, Lance is going to miss his best friend.

Brea Marie said...

Teri, I loved reading such cute things about Carson. I laughed a little when you wrote about how small he is. Brooke turned 3 a month ago and still weighs in at 27 pounds! I am actually a little more worried that she is only at 9% for her heighth. I mean, you can try to get them to eat a little more to try to gain some weight, but how can you make them grow taller? I guess I really shouldn't be that surprised. My mom-in-law says that Derek went to Kindergarted in 3t clothes! And up until a year ago, I was small too. At some point, I guess we all catch up :o)

Souli & Ashley said...

What a fun tag. We always here about each other or our husbands on tags but not our kids as much. I love my little Carson bug I knew all of those but they sure do make him special. He really does know when you are sad I remember one time I was crying and he said, "Ashy, what happened?" With him and Brevin just starring at me thinking what wrong why is she so sad.

The Mashy Family said...

All I can say is everything I see him do reminds me of you in some way. I love that he can understand two languages. His teachers will love him!